The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Phantoms-Outlaw Strikes Again! (86 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19~20~21 [Next]
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I guess Rick Roth was waiting for someone to notice this new Book test on his site. Professor B.C. is involved as well. Seems to be a leather-bound book--How classy!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Isn't that timely! I love leather books - in fact, like I posted too... I'll have few coming out myself.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Sweet! Coming from Prof BC it must be stinkin' awesome!
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
It will be! Here is the full writup:

PHANTOMS

The storied 1926 replica of the Minute Book of Cambridge’s E********ing Club becomes Outlaw’s first leather-bound book test.

The club boasted Not Even Death Shall Stop Us, and their boast became their curse. By 1769, when the last member ‘died,’ The E********ing Club was already infamous. The master of Jesus College, Cambridge, seized the club’s Minute Book, which kept an account of their meetings. He locked it safely away and gave strict orders that it should never be opened. In 1926 the ‘old superstitions’ were discarded and the Minute Book was included in a published series of obscure college papers. Only then did the true nature of The Club’s ***ation become apparent.

You hold in your hand that 1926 volume. The book collector will tell you that it is a 144-page, ¾ red Moroccan bonded-leather, gold-stamped volume in very fine condition. But you know better: it is a portal.

To open this book is to call back those cursed spirits and force them to reenact their hell-fire offenses forever.

Outlaw Effects is proud to offer you PHANTOMS: The Minute Book of the E********ing Club, a wholly new concept in Outlaw book tests devised and written by Professor BC, the mind that brought you So Dark: The Colney Hatch Experiment, 1934-1936 as well as the Ipswich performance manual and the augmented Lillian instructional booklet.

Outlaw’s first leather bound book test looks like it could be from the private library of a Cambridge don.

PHANTOMS is 144 pages long and 100% examinable. It can even be read cover-to-cover without tipping the method.

There are no forces employed.

You do not control the spectator at any time.

It is an absolutely free choice of any page.

There are no "banks", no Svengali principle or short pages used.

You never know a page number, you do not peek the book.

The only thing used is the book.

With this book in her hands, the spectator becomes a channel to the other world. As she looks at the page you suddenly see the meeting taking place, the specific men who attended, their full names, where they sat, what they discussed. As if the fog of two hundred years has lifted, you know the month, the day, the exact year, the very hour of their meeting. It is as if you are in the room with them as you reveal their moods and tensions—you can even see the rain on the window or hear the wind blowing in the chimney. As you describe the unique image on the opposite page it becomes clear to your audience that the phantoms of the eighteenth century are truly in the room with you. This may be more than mind reading. Could it be actual contact?

In short, you completely recreate their fiendish meeting—going so far as to set up the room in the exact configuration of the meeting that occurred over two hundred years ago.

The book moves chronologically from meeting to meeting, month to month, year to year. Each meeting is unique, yet you are always in complete control of how much or how little you reveal.

PHANTOMS can be used in séance, bizarre, or mind reading performances.

The presentation can be as dark or light as you wish to make it; it is up to the performer to decide. Every page in the book is hand aged. The cover is lovingly aged and lightly distressed, a red ¾ bonded leather, aged with the same expertise you have come to expect in an Outlaw product.

PHANTOMS comes complete with an instruction/performance manual e-book over 125 pages in length written by the creator of PHANTOMS, Professor BC. The performance manual includes routines for the séance room, bizarre presentation, and mind reading act; printable props; full routines for Tarot readings, Konxari readings, and Ouija sessions; performance tips and tricks; and a script for a fully staged performance of PHANTOMS.

For your back story, the manual includes the 1910 short story that inspired the creation of PHANTOMS, written by Arthur Gray, Master of Jesus College, Cambridge.

There will also be a private PHANTOMS forum for all purchasers to share additional ideas and thoughts.

This book is a must have for the professional performer, hobbyist, and collector alike.
In stock Aug. 1st
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
What is the price?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Good question.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
I hope its priced friendly the latest releases I thought were pretty steep
hope this one can be bought by more people
btw when will the photo be up
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
I emailed Rick, I will not post the price he quoted, there must be a reason he has not posted it's cost yet. It's a limited run, priced accordingly. Note it's listed under the Golden
Gun section.
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
Brehan - for the working professional, which is the target audience, the Outlaw prices are not steep at all. If anything some of the effects are under priced, and the whole point to the thing is we don't really want everyone to have them Smile

(Rick- you got them spirit boards sold out yet?)
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
I thought the price fair, having not seen it yet, but it's not inexpensive.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
And we wait!!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
I believe it will be in stock and ready to ship August 1. Not that much of a wait. LOL.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Will have all the skinny posted shortly on Phantoms. Ship date is correct.

Right now the Mysterious Prof B.C. is out of contact. He's at a wildlife preserve bonding with the chimps.

He's getting exact measurements and making molds for the severed chimp paw that will be an accessory for the Re-Animator. (seriously)
He's an ummm...perfectionist if you didn't already know that hehe.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Good grief
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Rick...

Don't keep yanking our chaines...enough already...!!!
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Phantoms is a Limited edition of 100 numbered units. Leather hardcover hand aged
$225.00
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
LarsRuth
View Profile
Loyal user
Frankfurt, Germany
212 Posts

Profile of LarsRuth
Just sent the mnoney and look forward to some pictures of the thing.... :o)
aqmagish20
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of aqmagish20
Snet $ to where? no paypal button yet.
LarsRuth
View Profile
Loyal user
Frankfurt, Germany
212 Posts

Profile of LarsRuth
I summoned the demon AstaROTH and in a banishing ritual he channeled me the price....
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Phantoms web page and paypal button are up. The books arrived today from the custom binders.

Phantoms is a limited edition of 100 numbered units.

$225.00 shipped world wide.

Prof. B.C. has done a wonderful job with this project over the past several months. A great edition for the collector, performer and hobbyist.

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Phantoms-Outlaw Strikes Again! (86 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL