The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Travelling with gaffed coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BaoHoang
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
140 Posts

Profile of BaoHoang
Hey guys,

I'm going New York City this weekend and I'd like to knowif anybody here already travelled to another country with gaffed coins. Do you risk getting in trouble and if they find them what do you say?

Thanks,

Bao
Montreal Magician Bao
www.baomagic.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I'm doing it all the time for forty years and the increase in control has not been affecting the gaffed coin (which is not the case for color changing knives). If you get a question just honestly state that you are a magician, it will gain you sympathy not suspicion.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Gaffed coins should give you no problem. I've been asked about my Quantum Bender and Electric Touch when I traveled recently. When I explained I'm a magician there were no more questions.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
I assume you are leaving from Montreal? If driving is an option isn't it only about seven hours? Two hours in the airport in Montreal and another hour in NY picking up your bag and getting out, flying might not be saving you as much time as you think.

I assume nothing has changed since the last time I went to Canada. Crossing the border with gaffed coins certainly wasn't a problem.
Wes
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I say no problem. I have flown to Toronto may times and had my Coins in some coin purses in my computer bag. Goes right through no problem. I also took a bunch of coin stuff to the Bahamas and again no problem.

Mr. Tango has been touring in the U.S. lately and you know he has tons of Coin Gaffs with him.

Have fun in NYC. Go to Fantasma Magic Shop. You might see David Roth there.

Best,

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
When I went to Japan I had No Problem with it! It depends on who looks trou your stuff! I just been going to N.Y. one time And Had a guy look trou every coin purse I have got! ( And for me that's a lot! Smile ) But I think it does help to tell them that you are a Magicion! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
BaoHoang
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
140 Posts

Profile of BaoHoang
Alright guys, I had no problem at all. Plus I got a few more gaffs at fantasma. Havin a great time here Smile
Montreal Magician Bao
www.baomagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Travelling with gaffed coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL