The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New snow storm hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mago dominik
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mago dominik
Hi to everybody, one realization of mine, works here is with remote control http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8xrilYh8zA
to brief the plans of construction....
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Very nice.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Mago dominik,

Please talk to Kevin James about your 'realisation' as it is very similar (too similar!) to his creation - the Snow Animator.
His web-site is http://www.kjmagic.com
The fact that you hide the gimmick in a hat & use a remote control is not different enough to call it your own creation!
I hope to have informed you and that you will contact Kevin to discuss this (he's a great guy, so don't worry about talking to him Smile).
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
It is pretty close to the Napkin Animator.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Would there be a problem if he built this ONLY for him to use? I can see the problem if he plans on marketing and mass producing.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Shomemagic,

Unfortunately, you can't build one for yourself, as this is a trick of which the intellectual & commercial rights belong to Kevin James, and it is not in public domain!
mago dominik
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mago dominik
I ask excuses to all!!
This is a demonstrative alone video to show this new version to the magicians for magic snowfall.
Then, I ask you not to comment the quality of the video because it is a video you do from you.
My new snow storm hat is a bright idea because the hat is used for unloading paper-little ball-foulard, but then in the end the magician with the excuse to be next to the hat realizes a magic snowfall!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I don't understand the purpose of this post. You have posted in the workshop area, meaning you want to build this for yourself to use.

What is your question about making a Snowstorm from Top Hat?
Are you selling workshop plans to build a Snowstorm from Top Hat?
Or, are you just showing your creation of your idea?

After watching your video, I do not see the purpose of the fan in hat. It is really more dramatic to use an actual oriental hand fan for this effect. The purpose of having a 'secret' place for creation of a breeze is to make the audience think that the confetti is flying with the magician's powers. That is why the other models on the market are designed as to hide any possible source of a breeze.

In your model, it is apparent where the source is coming from as you do not move from above the hat. Secondly, the other models create even more of an snowstorm; yours does not.

Nice job for building something yourself, but I think you lost the purpose of creating a 'magic effect' and 'making it magical'.
mago dominik
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mago dominik
I want to clarify!!
This video from me realized in handicraft way - do from you, has the demonstrative alone purpose to show to you magicians a new version of the snowfall, from me realized!
Mine New Snow Storm Hat has many advantages:
- reduced dimensions
- elegant
- hangs meeting place
- costs of realization a lot of meeting places
- easy to transport
- double use (both for snowfall and as normal hat to unload objects, little balls, card,foulard, etc.)
Besides my idea of the hat has an advantage, or the magician has the motivation, to be next to the hat because in his/her inside you/he/she withdraws a glass and then a magic wand (you see video).
mago dominik
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of mago dominik
Further, to be a magician I am an electronic expert, and I build me numerous electronic magic gimmick as the New Snow Storm Hat.
I have simply created a diversionary and original variation of the storm of snow.
I thank all those people who have appreciated my idea!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
In your effort to come up with a 'new hiding place', you overlooked that creating magic is more then just on element. The glass and wand did fly right by me, as this was unimportant to you and the magic.

The hiding place is not the important point in performing but the magician. By the magician not moving from the position above the hat, it tells an audience exactly where the assistance is coming from and, thus, kills the mystery.

Yes, I watched the video. That is what I am commenting on.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Mago dominic, with all respect, you have created nothing!
This idea belongs to Kevin James, and you have no rights to copy his creation and even worse offering it for sale!
Luckily it is a very bad idea, and nothing comparing to Kevin's original version...
Do us all a favor, spend your time creating something new instead of stealing someone else's ideas!
kkentert
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kkentert
I would have to agree with everyone here. This isn't anything new...it's a low power Snow Animator, that is very obvious. The concept is still Kevin's in my opinion, and this is a sad knock off. You should NOT be trying to sell your "creation".
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Maybe I misread.. but it seems like he just wanted to show what he had built for his own personal show. I don't think he is trying to sell it at all.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 03:43, Alikzam wrote:
Maybe I misread.. but it seems like he just wanted to show what he had built for his own personal show. I don't think he is trying to sell it at all.

Yes, you misread, he is trying to sell the device, but it is not magic. He does not understand the presentation of magic and what magic is. He is to wrapped up in method and not how the effect should look to the audience.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
If he is trying to sell this, then that is wrong, but if he was to buy a legit snow animator from Kevin and then retrofit the gimmick into the the, this would be ok.(as long as it was fir personal use only)

The fact that he is taking credit fir this makes me a little ticked off
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New snow storm hat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL