The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20~21~22 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Good question, just wanted to bump the thread.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 1:12pm
Been wearing my normal color Contacts to get my eyes use to wearing contacts again.... Hate the first few days. Eyes are always red.
Berk.Eratay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Berk.Eratay
Well to answer the questions!

The contact lenses fits all with their special design... But don't take them as normal contacts... They are a tool which created not to sit on your pupil but on your eyeball...
So thinking about if it fits or not is not a question you need to think...

Btw I'm a person who hates surgery and any kind of health problems... I don't like doctors despite half of my family consists of them...
I do have regular checkups every 6 month and eye check every year...
Doing this for 8 years and even more hardcore techniques when I was just started...
My eyes are still doing fine Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Besides magic I like to do strongman stunts like odd lifts and bending nails.
I think this will be perfect for right before Ibend a nail, eyes go white, bend it, then back to normal, Berk, you mad genius you!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14037 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 15:34, Berk.Eratay wrote:
Well to answer the questions!

The contact lenses fits all with their special design... But don't take them as normal contacts... They are a tool which created not to sit on your pupil but on your eyeball...
So thinking about if it fits or not is not a question you need to think...

Btw I'm a person who hates surgery and any kind of health problems... I don't like doctors despite half of my family consists of them...
I do have regular checkups every 6 month and eye check every year...
Doing this for 8 years and even more hardcore techniques when I was just started...
My eyes are still doing fine Smile

I find comfort in that. The part I read about eyeball cancer earlier in the thread really scared the crap out of me. Nothing worse than drippy, gooey eyeballs that stink. (unless it's Halloween.)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Drippy, gooey eyeballs that stink? I could think of another thing that might be worse.. Take the Eye part out of your sentence.... LOLOLOLOL anyway, release date guy come on?lol
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
It's only sensible when putting anything in your eyes to check it first ? I've never worn contacts but have done the sensible thing & checked into it.

I'm with you guys, I can't wait for the release & then the hard work begins to get this down.

Any more info on the release ?
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I like this effect, when I first saw it I thought this has the power to instantly effect people on a deep level. The only problem for me is that I have never worn contact lenses, which means I could be one of those people whos eyes become iritated by them. I also have a bit of a fear of them due to a friend years ago who had one of their eyes get infected due to contacts and it took months to get back to normal. Then again many people use contacts and have had no problems.

I am undecided.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
YEAH!!!Sorry just keeping it alive.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
I really like this effect also, so many different applications to take your mentalism or magic to the next level, and beyond. Great effect to demonstrate live Possessions, Seances, Mentalism, Countless applications. I think it is appropriately priced in that not everyone will spring for this. Which in my opinion is good.
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
When in the end of August is this expected?
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
We are getting an update on the custom gimmicks which are being made to Berk's specifications. Once we have this update we'll be able to make a more accurate date of release.. But rest assured the DVD's are now edited and I'll be checking the master over the weekend.

MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Penguin is pre-ordering this now! YAY!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2010-08-03 12:37, paisa23 wrote:
LOL, I was floored when I saw that... But Doug no here is the thing; Contacts take a while of getting use too. Especially the putting in part. I remember when I got my first set, I couldn't GET THEM IN TO SAVE MY LIFE!!! Even after a while of not wearing them it can be a bit of a pain. When you have them ON for a while that can be irritating too. In a Smokey room for hours your eyes can get Dry, I always have drops with me. My contacts have never been prescription or sized by a doctor. I might have too if I was getting Full contacts where they cover the entire eyeball like black sclera’s or others like that. Berk says he has experimented with Hundreds of them to find what he wanted this effect to look like. I think BioKinesis is going to be learning experiences for those who ALREADY have experimented with Contacts so for those that have never worn them, understand that it will take some time on top of getting use to wearing contacts. That’s why I have been wearing my regular color and red contacts
NOW so I can get use to wearing them before Biokinesis releases. I have a bud that liked my red ones bought a pair and at my place took him over an hour to put ONE in. and hour of Irritated Red teary eyed frustrating yelling that he couldn't get it in. (THATS WHAT SHE SAID) but he finally did and the second one only took him 20 minutes. You learn to keep your eye open, or at least find a way to keep them open, my fiancé wears prescription contacts and she pops them in and out One handed and everything. I cannot, I need to have my right hand over my head to hold my upper eye lid open and my left hand with contact on pointer finger and middle finger pulling down on my lower eye lid in order to put mine it. My eye flinches too much, I also need to look directly at the contact as it’s going in while others can look away to place them... Everyone has their own tricky way of getting them in. In my experience with Contacts your fine as long as you take care of them AND THE ONE COMPLETE NO NO NO NO MATTER HOW BAD THEY BEG OR PAY YOU, DO NOT SHARE THEM, EVER!!!!But other than that friend, me personally I don't think there is anything else to worry about. But that's just me.

This is so true. Years ago, about 7 or 8 years, I tried to use Contacts. It was ok even it was always a struggling to put these things on. Then one day I tried to put them on, I accidentally blinked and these beauties flew across the room. I could not find them for about 30 minutes due to the gray color of the carpet.

That was the last day I touched those lol. Love the idea, love the effect, it looks freakingly awesome and will floor audience, but I don't think it's practical for everyone.

Audience that is familiar with Contacts won't be very surprised, I think. As we've already got Contacts with various designs. But still, for most laymen, this is a good trick. I love it, good job, and have fun for those who are getting this.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
If you only say "Hey Look" and then do the change and then change back, sure it will be obvious. I think the beauty will lie in the performance of some "power" and making sure that only some of the audience see the change. This will create conflict
and differing opinions among the audience and will make some doubt what they actually saw. I love that.
James

Quote:
On 2010-08-10 23:11, Failed Magician wrote:

Audience that is familiar with Contacts won't be very surprised, I think. As we've already got Contacts with various designs. But still, for most laymen, this is a good trick. I love it, good job, and have fun for those who are getting this.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
It does look great... BUT...
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
What about doing this and performing Multi-Dimensional? That's an idea!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Well put, Xigual. This trick needs a heavy build-up before you do the "move". Otherwise, they will just smirk. This has opened to many other ideas of routines tho.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi guys

Thank you for your interest in Biokinesis. We are now taking pre orders at http://www.alakazamusa.com.

Regards

Peter Nardi
dblast
View Profile
New user
Dan
54 Posts

Profile of dblast
Peter that link is no good it goes to a hosting service.
bghost
View Profile
New user
USA
92 Posts

Profile of bghost
Quote:
On 2010-08-10 23:11, Failed Magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-03 12:37, paisa23 wrote:
LOL, I was floored when I saw that... But Doug no here is the thing; Contacts take a while of getting use too. Especially the putting in part. I remember when I got my first set, I couldn't GET THEM IN TO SAVE MY LIFE!!! Even after a while of not wearing them it can be a bit of a pain. When you have them ON for a while that can be irritating too. In a Smokey room for hours your eyes can get Dry, I always have drops with me. My contacts have never been prescription or sized by a doctor. I might have too if I was getting Full contacts where they cover the entire eyeball like black sclera’s or others like that. Berk says he has experimented with Hundreds of them to find what he wanted this effect to look like. I think BioKinesis is going to be learning experiences for those who ALREADY have experimented with Contacts so for those that have never worn them, understand that it will take some time on top of getting use to wearing contacts. That’s why I have been wearing my regular color and red contacts
NOW so I can get use to wearing them before Biokinesis releases. I have a bud that liked my red ones bought a pair and at my place took him over an hour to put ONE in. and hour of Irritated Red teary eyed frustrating yelling that he couldn't get it in. (THATS WHAT SHE SAID) but he finally did and the second one only took him 20 minutes. You learn to keep your eye open, or at least find a way to keep them open, my fianc?wears prescription contacts and she pops them in and out One handed and everything. I cannot, I need to have my right hand over my head to hold my upper eye lid open and my left hand with contact on pointer finger and middle finger pulling down on my lower eye lid in order to put mine it. My eye flinches too much, I also need to look directly at the contact as it’s going in while others can look away to place them... Everyone has their own tricky way of getting them in. In my experience with Contacts your fine as long as you take care of them AND THE ONE COMPLETE NO NO NO NO MATTER HOW BAD THEY BEG OR PAY YOU, DO NOT SHARE THEM, EVER!!!!But other than that friend, me personally I don't think there is anything else to worry about. But that's just me.

This is so true. Years ago, about 7 or 8 years, I tried to use Contacts. It was ok even it was always a struggling to put these things on. Then one day I tried to put them on, I accidentally blinked and these beauties flew across the room. I could not find them for about 30 minutes due to the gray color of the carpet.

That was the last day I touched those lol. Love the idea, love the effect, it looks freakingly awesome and will floor audience, but I don't think it's practical for everyone.

Agree, it would look stunning with good build up and nice combining routine.
It is a shame that I am not suitable for wareing contact lenses due to my eyes condition.
I am just so jealous.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL