The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
298 Posts

Profile of Havens
Was going to order Biokinesis from Alakazam today but it's disappeared from the site.

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 8:16am
Update: Just spoke to Alakazam UK and it's been taken off the site due to the bank holiday sale which it is exempt from, though it does appear to still be on the USA site.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
737 Posts

Profile of roblane
Are we still looking at next week for the release?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well unless it does and get to me in TX before the 3rd, I will not be doing this at the wedding Smile
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
298 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2010-08-27 11:25, roblane wrote:
Are we still looking at next week for the release?

I was told mid-September by Alakazam.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
Me being a FX-contact wearer on a constant basis, I have so many questions on this.

First off... Can this be done with the contacts I presently own? Or, are the contacts that come with this (White-Out) specifically cut to serve a specific purpose, as in the effect itself?

Also... How long is it possible to be plain-eyed before revealing the effect? Basically, how comfortable are the Tacs in-top or side-off of the eye before revealing the effect? Same goes for the opposite?

I feel, me owning many Sclera-contact lenses (these are lenses which cover the entire eye, including the white part, which the white part is the "Sclera").

Much more to be asked, but I will leave it as this.

BTW, anyone of my fellow magicians on here who visit Facebook, I have some great pics of my lenses I wore on vacation documented on my page. Each eye color matches the out-fit I am wearing, pretty cool! PM me for facebook info, would looove to become friends with as many of my fellow Magi friends as possible! Smile

Thanks Smile

Paul
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
ANYTHING ANYONE?
Navy
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Navy
Interesting as I never heard of the effect until Ellusionist on Facebook stated that they had to pull out due to the fact that the purchaser would have to get a prescription. They pulled out, probably fear of a lawsuit. I did a bit more research and ordered a set yesterday. *** I wanted to get one with a prescription. First magic trick I would ever own that required a prescription. Just joking. Anyway, I was told they should ship around September 1st from the company I purchased mine from.

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 1:04am
One more comment....Looks like it might be difficult to do. I never wore contacts. I wanted a set, and my Doctor mentioned that I did not have the type of (can't think of the word) but in his opinion I would not take to contacts.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Looks like it vanished from all magic sites.... So I'm guessing no more release?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well that's not good, I already preoredered and havent gotten a notification email or anything from Hocus.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I preordered as well! WTF??????
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Keep me updated! I was looking forward to this
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
It's still on Penguin! That's where I preordered mine.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
We need updates!!
I don't want to preorder without knowing what's going on
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
298 Posts

Profile of Havens
The bank holiday sale is over and it's back on Alakazam. http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-BioKin......tay.html
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL, Marc come and calm the villagers. I am begining to see this thread light up with pitch forks and torches. IS IT ALIVE!!!!
Navy
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Navy
I got mine from MJM and we are on.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/biokinesis......418.html

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 4:16pm
Although I do not know where MJM is from. Perhaps this is a California issue since Ellusionist and Hocus are from Ca. Just a guess.

Posted: Sep 1, 2010 3:08pm
Here it is from the horses mouth.

Hi Jerry - We are going back and forth with the supplier and vendor about this as we speak. Apparently, unbeknown to us (and quite frankly, with ALL dealers) is that a law was recently passed that says you need a prescription to purchase contact lenses in the USA (or something along those lines).

Of course, no one knew this, and no dealers were told about this when we were given the "green light" to take preorders on them.

So we are now trying to find alternative ways to get these products into the hands of our customers. Now, the current word (as of ten minutes ago when I hung up with the supplier) is that they're exploring options to sell the effect MINUS the contact lenses at a cheaper price, and then the customer will have to simply purchase the contacts on their own. If that happens, we will be refunding all our customers the adjusted cost of the product minus the lenses (or issuing full refunds if they don't want to get lenses on their own).

That is option one.

Another option is we're seeing if we can still fill the orders for those who preordered it (perhaps by getting it shipped to them from outside the US), and then stopping all future orders from this point forward until the industry can figure out what to do about this situation.

That's all I have at this moment. I have more meetings with the supplier later today to see if they have come up with any other solutions. I will be letting all our preorder customers know whatever is decided as soon as I get some answers.

I basically let MJM know if I can't get them directly that I would want a full refund. Hope this helps everyone.....
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Well that's......unfortunate!
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
God bless good ol' Europe
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Berk.Eratay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Berk.Eratay
Well the packages must be ready soon.
It is funny cause the materials are not exactly contact lenses, I mean the compound and the usage is different...
Hope they will find a way for USA!
GavinK
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
60 Posts

Profile of GavinK
Had a feeling this would happen because I knew about the prescription for contacts rule. I was hoping that some would get shipped before the item got pulled. Don't know how it's gonna play out for US dealers (Penguin Magic is where I ordered mine), here's hoping it gets shipped anyway.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL