The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
kieron j
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of kieron j
Got mine today it looks amazing going to take time to get full control but looks awsome in the mirror hope I get it down for halloween.

k
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
749 Posts

Profile of roblane
Got mine yesterday. Haven't tried yet, but enjoying the dvd. If Mr Spelman really is a contact virgin he makes the intial part look very easy. Thanks Marc, it's given me a confidence boost watching you.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Too early for reviews of course but any first thoughts?

Mine hasn't arrived yet, should be here tomorrow
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
749 Posts

Profile of roblane
My first thoughts are: exactly what I expected but even more specialized. I think it's gonna be awesome.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Mine also said it was dispatched last week and I like in the USA so I am hoping to get it next week. Pumped that I don't have to go thru the hassle of getting gimmicks either
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Hey, guys who have already got it pls give reviews about it. And I had one more question , after changing the colour of eyes can we blink for a while with the cat eyes in view. Thanks
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
I LOVE IT!!! Great job Berk and Marc!!
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of Havens
I received Biokinesis over the weekend and I am extremely impressed. This is exactly up my street.

The DVD is excellent and probably one of the best magic DVDs I've watched. I personally loathe instructional DVDs as they're often used to bump up the price, are frequently cheesy and I rarely care for the production, cuts and distracting edits. This has none of those faults and I genuinely enjoyed watching it. Both Marc and Berk are excellent, they come across as funny, nice guys, not as magic geeks devoid of personality and the presentation has a feeling of people sitting around a table chatting about magic and the viewer is included.

Throughout the DVD we're reminded the release is for historical documentation only. If you decide to perform there are a few pieces not included in the pack, this isn't a problem though as it's only contact lens cleaner and some eye drops, nothing to worry about and this shouldn't set you back much more than a fiver.

I already perform eye tricks and am used to putting in hay fever drops, so I was comfortable using the lenses but still found them a little tricky to put in, I'm sure this will get easier over time. Once in place the lenses were completely comfortable, I hardly knew they were there and they look very cool. The only issue I had was a little blurred vision due to some solution under one lens, this was temporary and cleared the moment I removed the lenses. To answer the above question, you can blink as many times as you like with the lenses showing and after training you'll also be able to do this with them hidden.

I tried concealing the lenses using the Stage 1 method and nailed it first time on my left eye but after that I couldn't do it again. This is going to take practice and commitment, don't expect everyone to be performing Biokinesis.

The only thing I would have liked added would have been an interview with an eye doctor, who could have explained about the lenses and eye structure etc. This would have given me a bit more confidence using the lenses.

I can foresee some small practical issues with this effect, setting up at some venues might not always be possible due to facility or hygiene issues and you may not want to drive with them in place. I also think if you're feeling a bit stressed or nervous before a gig you could struggle putting the lenses in, as you need to be calm and relaxed to do so. These will be small things to overcome and the effect is well worth the effort required. In the DVD Marc likens learning Biokinesis to learning a coin roll which is very true, you're learning a skill and you won't be able to do this right away.

I strongly recommend people respect their eyes and make sure the lenses and your hands are completely clean at all times. I've suffered an eye infection practising another, similar effect and I can't stress this enough. Marc and Berk mention this numerous times so make sure you listen to them.

This is easily one of the best effects to have come out in years and one of the few that really delivers on what's promised. What you see in the demo video is exactly what you get, there's nothing hidden from the buyer, no other gimmicks, off screen actions or angle consderations that will make this impossible to perform in the real world. A first class production, which in modern magic can be a very rare thing indeed.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
The previous post says it all. And yes, getting the lenses hidden is a bit of a knack thing coupled with practice.
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Btw. since you can wear them (hidden or not) for hours it shouldn't really be a problem to set them up in advance when your nerves are calm.
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Ordered from SM Productionz and still no word from them. Sent messages thru their website and never get a response. Not sure why.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Hey, People who hv bought it pls give ur views , is the product worth the cost and with practice mwat is the max time you guys hv been able to keep the gimmick on. Thnx
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Not really a review, just a few words:

Yes, it is worth the cost and practice. The maximum time I had the lenses in (which feel very comfortable) was 8 hours.

And you will love looking at yourself in the mirror and doing the "colour change".
The reactions you'll get from your spectators are priceless.

The DVD explains everything in great detail, no filler and Berk and Marc do a great job.

Buy it.
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
I agree with Rick. I got the DVD not too long ago and Berk and Marc go over everything that you need to know as far as history and care and different changes. Berk and Marc do a great job! I give it an A+ It takes practice but its worth it
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
You ordered from Alakazam correct? Did you also get the lenses?
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Wat is the colour of the lens you get.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Arigid - check out the demo video of this effect.

The gimmicks you receive allow you to perform the effect as seen on the demo video.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
As an aside - kudos to Russ Stevens for a great production on the DVD.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Hey does anyone know if in future can we purchase only the gimmick for this without DVD for refills.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Yes you can.. We will be making an announcement about this soon.. MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL