The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
I did order for alakazam. I live in Ohio and I received the gimmick and the dvd which was shipped from the UK. I had a gig in indiana today and floored the people there. This is without a doubt one of the best effects that I have gotten in 2010. Like I said before Marc and Berk do a fantastic job explaining everything you need to know. What you see is what you get! Not everybody can do this effect but with patience and practice you can perform this amazing effect.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
So I'm in Canada can I order this DVD and get the gimmicks sent at the same shipment or do I have to see an eye doctor?
Mike
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
If you order from alakazam yes you will get the gimmicks
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Cool I think I will have to order this.
Mike

www.mikebelieve.com
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Hey is the lens expected to be introduced in diff. colours?
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
I just placed my order and now can't wait to get this.

Mike

www.mikebelieve.com
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
The lenses will be in different colours, an announcement will be made.

In regards to price for the lenses, NON custom made lenses from various special FX lens producers that can last for up to a year are priced at £45 plus, I'm not talking about the cheap 1 month lenses which still cost £20. When Berk showed me this effect three years ago I looked into lenses then and that was the price.

Originally the price of the lenses was going to be higher but as we commissioned a high number to be produced we managed to get the price down. Remember these lenses are made to Berk's specifications and are not standard off the shelf lenses.

These are off the shelf non custom lenses at $79.50 = £50.00 approx
http://www.fxeyes.com/fxstore/shop/item.aspx?itemid=60

These are standard off the shelf lenses again not custom made at $75.00 = £47.00
http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/white.aspx

And we must remind you that you cannot do Biokinesis with these lens manufacturers as the lenses can scratch your cornier = Not good at all. If you got either of these two companies to make the Biokinesis lenses you'd pay in excess of $150 / £95.

This is not a rant at anyone, just fact about the price of the Biokinesis lenses being the best, most realistic price we could manage. The shipping charge alone for our lenses to reach us was astronomical..

Lenses are very delicate and as we say constantly on the DVD, care and handling must be paramount. Consider them like IT, they can be damaged with bad care. Trust me after a month you'll handle them easily as you'll be more used to them.

MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
My mistake.. 9mm http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/white.aspx is actually charging $75.00 / £47.00 for a single lens. If you want two it's $150 / £95.00. Now they ARE expensive..

MS
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Where will these refills be available?
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 15:44, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Where will these refills be available?

Alakazam has them.

www.mikebelieve.com
Martyn35
View Profile
New user
UNEMPLOYMENT: 2500 people applied for
46 Posts

Profile of Martyn35
Ok, this might be a dumb question but......

Before Alakazam were getting custom made lenses made, what was Berk using? Surely a few pairs of custom made lenses from any manufacturer would cost many hundreds of pounds each!

I have a apir of sake eyes lenses, 1mm diameer, base curve 8.6, 45% water content, o.o6 thickbess in the centre. £18.50 per pair. I cannot tell the difference between the supplied lenses or my snake eye lenses.
Martyn35
View Profile
New user
UNEMPLOYMENT: 2500 people applied for
46 Posts

Profile of Martyn35
Last message should have read 14mm diameter....... should've out my reading specs on!!!
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I would be only interested in this trick if it is possible to get it with BLACK lenses. Does Spellman or any other dealer or the creator has black lenses? I think white looks just dumb.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ Yes, I own these they are called "Black-Out", these are the lenses I would do this effect with as-well, Black is creepier and less "Fake" then the white lenses IMO, it would look more-so like a demon entered your soul as apposed to a zombie.

Neither one of these sites ask for that "special something" if you order over the phone, at-least in my experience they have not.

$79.99.. http://www.fxeyes.com/fxstore/shop/item.aspx?itemid=149

$69.99.. http://www.vampfangs.com/Black-Out-Lense......nses.htm

I have ordered thru both sites before, they both have great service.

Paul
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Quote:
On 2010-11-12 12:40, Memory-Jah wrote:
I would be only interested in this trick if it is possible to get it with BLACK lenses. Does Spellman or any other dealer or the creator has black lenses? I think white looks just dumb.

Nicely put.. I think white is more dynamic and clearly visible.. Black is okay but maybe too subtle to see at a distance.. I wouldn't say 'dumb' just not your style.. It doesn't take much to be a little more articulate on this forum.

Berk uses white most of the time and Geller loved it as did a nation called Turkey, I can't see how a colour can be classified as dumb? But hey, you know your stuff..

And it's Spelmann.. Not Spellman..
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ IMO, as far as this effect is concerned, I think Black does/would go better with Blue eyes, and White for Brown eyes.

I have a buddy with dark brown eye's who tried on my Black-Out contacts years ago, and it was hard to tell the difference in his eye color. So, if you have brown eye's I would advise staying away from the Black-Outs.

Me, I have natural Blue eyes, and trust me, you can definitely tell the difference from a distance going from Blue to Black, there is a huge contrast, it's sinister. I do like the White-Out contacts though, they where actually my very first pair I ever got back some 10 yrs ago.

Paul
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
The black only look dramatic if they are sclera lenses:
http://www.google.com.tw/search?rlz=1C1_......a+lenses

You could not perform Biokinesis with scleras and you would pay about $300 for a custom fit.

White is the best color for stage. Take billiard balls for example. You would think mirrored balls would be the most visible,nope, white wins with the most light reflection.
James

Quote:
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giBkeOSWm_Y

ten minutes work and I got it.. Fantastic work berk
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2010-11-12 19:17, Marc Spelmann wrote:
Quote:

Nicely put.. I think white is more dynamic and clearly visible.. Black is okay but maybe too subtle to see at a distance.. I wouldn't say 'dumb' just not your style.. It doesn't take much to be a little more articulate on this forum.

Berk uses white most of the time and Geller loved it as did a nation called Turkey, I can't see how a colour can be classified as dumb? But hey, you know your stuff..

And it's Spelmann.. Not Spellman..

Sorry for mispelling. Can you tell me if the creator is able to sell black lenses instead? Or can I order black lenses custom made from him? I really would love to do the trick with black lenses instead.

Regards,
Markus
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Hey MS, any updates on when other custom colors will be available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL