The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Received mine from SM Productionz and with a very nice note.
I hope to be combining it with Smoke within a month or two.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
My question is, what are the chances of the lenses sliding into place and "activating" unexpectedly? Is this a concern for anyone?
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2010-11-13 23:27, Exitmat wrote:
My question is, what are the chances of the lenses sliding into place and "activating" unexpectedly? Is this a concern for anyone?

This takes practice and what the training's for but it's less of an issue than you may think. Personally I won't be performing this until it's completely nailed.

As for the coloured eyes, I love the white because of the Hulk, which is what really drew me to the effect. My eyes are also so dark that I don't think black lenses would look any different. Those with blue eyes may have a different case. What would be great is full cap black lenses, where the white's of the eye are covered but I'm not sure how possible this would be.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I would like to note that I have contacts with the "One year done deal" label on them (as these do) that I bought over 4 years ago that are still in great condition and wear perfectly fine.

I must say I do only wear them once or twice a month, so wear time and how often will definitely help with the longevity of the lenses.

The lenses I am wearing in my AV pic to the left, I purchased them in April 09' (after my 3 yr old niece opened the lens bottle and drank my other (identical) pair Smile ), and they are still in mint condition.

My Black-Out contacts along with my Dark-Elf I bought in 06', and both pairs wear as if I just opened them.

Take good care of your contacts, do the effect only when performing and I'm sure they will last a good while longer then the stated life-span. O'yea, and always make sure your nails are CUT very short when playing with lenses, I learned the hard way a long time ago.

Paul
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Quote:
On 2010-11-15 12:19, Piz wrote:
I would like to note that I have contacts with the "One year done deal" label on them (as these do) that I bought over 4 years ago that are still in great condition and wear perfectly fine.

I must say I do only wear them once or twice a month, so wear time and how often will definitely help with the longevity of the lenses.

The lenses I am wearing in my AV pic to the left, I purchased them in April 09' (after my 3 yr old niece opened the lens bottle and drank my other (identical) pair Smile ), and they are still in mint condition.

My Black-Out contacts along with my Dark-Elf I bought in 06', and both pairs wear as if I just opened them.

Take good care of your contacts, do the effect only when performing and I'm sure they will last a good while longer then the stated life-span. O'yea, and always make sure your nails are CUT very short when playing with lenses, I learned the hard way a long time ago.

Paul

Are you serious? A 3year old drank your contact lenses. Hope you are more responsible with things that shouldn't be swallowed in the future.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ For one thing my niece don't and has never live with me, I was not home, her mother should have been watching her. 2nd, her mother should not have been in the room I was staying in without my permission. Trust me, I feel just as you do.

Back on subject...

Is it possible to just buy the DVD ? I really don't need the lenses as I already have plenty.

Thanks

Paul
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
U DO need the lenses. They are not ur standard fx lenses
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
I second that, you really need the lenses. It's your eyes and just not worth risking them.
supermonster
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of supermonster
I think it is not fair to say in the end of the DVD that some people can't perform this effect at all..
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 08:47, supermonster wrote:
I think it is not fair to say in the end of the DVD that some people can't perform this effect at all..

Wait--what? Why can't some people perform the effect at all?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
If you have an issue with putting a lens in ur eye you will not be able to do it
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 13:05, Alan Rorrison wrote:
If you have an issue with putting a lens in ur eye you will not be able to do it

Is that the true meaning of what the dvd says? I would like to know as well if there is something other than the fear of lenses, which will not allow you to perform an expensive trick.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 13:48, Memory-Jah wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 13:05, Alan Rorrison wrote:

Is that the true meaning of what the dvd says? I would like to know as well if there is something other than the fear of lenses, which will not allow you to perform an expensive trick.

This is probably a question best answered by Marc or Berk, I could be wrong but I took it to mean that some people may not be able to perform the effect, for whatever reason, much like not everyone can do a certain coin or card technique. Learning the techniques requires work, which will vary from person to person, it's not a self-working gimmick, the effort needs to be put in.

With regards to the cost you're receiving a quality DVD that reveals the secret and explains the techniques, as well as the lenses which have their own value. I found the cost just fine compared to other effects I've purchased recently. I'll be gutted if I can't nail the effect, though I certainly won't be blaming the creators or regret the purchase.

It's the effect of the year by far.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
After Berk did this on Phenominon there were several kids that tried to duplicate the effect and ended up injuring their eye. One kid had to get surgery to get it fixed and berk and marc can chime in about this story if they want. This isn't something to play around with. Eyes are very delicate and you have to be careful with this one. Order the contacts from alakazam
supermonster
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of supermonster
I think they said on the dvd that some people just don't have that kind of eyes you need to perform this. Or something like that.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I am afraid to take them out of the bottles. I don't want to have to clean them every week.
I wish I had extras so I can at least practice with them and not worry about it. I only plan on using them rarely like once every couple months.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You can buy extras from there site mate
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
I've had mine for a couple of months now and still struggle to get them in. Once they're in, they're fine and I intend to continue to practice until I can perform this fully before showing. Just thought is was worth mentioning.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2010-11-21 13:08, slyhand wrote:
I am afraid to take them out of the bottles. I don't want to have to clean them every week.
I wish I had extras so I can at least practice with them and not worry about it. I only plan on using them rarely like once every couple months.

I clean them every time I use them, it takes seconds.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I have light blue eyes to begin with. Is it worth getting them in the light colour, or should I wait for more colours to come out? Has anyone with light coloured eyes tried this effect yet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL