The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20~21~22 [Next]
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Quote:
On 2010-08-11 14:44, dblast wrote:
Peter that link is no good it goes to a hosting service.

Here is the proper link dblast! http://www.alakazam-usa.com
TrickyEric
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of TrickyEric
Looks like a cool product, but I am a contacts user and can't see a thing without them. Not going to wear glasses to accomplish this effect. Very original though.

Anyone thought of adding this to your color changing tie routine? Just kidding.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
I'll have to admit that it is a great looking effect. As for a spectator
assuming that they are contacts that may be possible to some extent, but then again, since when do contacts change color when you close your eyes!

Other than that, I wear glasses and there is no way on earth I'm about to mess about with contacts at this juncture in my life. I'd really be interested in what an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist) would think about these. Even if I wore contacts I would personally never place such a thing on my eye unless it had FDA approval, but that's just my opinion. Ones eyesight is nothing to mess around with.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
TrickyEric
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of TrickyEric
Gaffed brings up a good point. They say these are safe when used properly, but like he said, you're putting your eyesight on the line believing that statement.

That said, I have no reason to believe it is unsafe when used properly. Just be careful guys, please. This thing looks really cool.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
On another note, I have already pre-ordered. But like all new products when made in Mass production. What is the Policy on Product Defects? How can one tell that the Specifications with Berk, were not met with say your product? SInce this is something that once used cannot be returned, how can one find out WITHOUT putting them on and is there something in place with defected products?
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
At ~$80.00 for the effect that lasts 6-12 months once opened, am I going to have to pay $80 to replenish it 2 times a year... Even at 1 times a year???

That's an obnoxious amount of money!!!!
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Sorry Guys the correct link is http://www.alakazam-usa.com

Feel free to check out the site and join our email list to keep up to date on all our up coming products. We have a few killers due before Xmas.

Best Regards

Peter Nardi
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Quote:
On 2010-08-12 09:29, Salby wrote:
At ~$80.00 for the effect that lasts 6-12 months once opened, am I going to have to pay $80 to replenish it 2 times a year... Even at 1 times a year???

That's an obnoxious amount of money!!!!

I asked this but there still seems to be a debate about it. With that being said I DID preorder from Penguin and it says in an email they sent me that "refills will be available after release!"
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2010-08-12 07:42, paisa23 wrote:
On another note, I have already pre-ordered. But like all new products when made in Mass production. What is the Policy on Product Defects? How can one tell that the Specifications with Berk, were not met with say your product? SInce this is something that once used cannot be returned, how can one find out WITHOUT putting them on and is there something in place with defected products?

Any feedback on this?
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Peter and myself will do our best to keep you all up to date with the product.. Like anything, if the product is faulty you'd be able to tell by looking them over which you would do if you were going to do the effect as the very first thing required is to clean the gimmicks..

If anything is wrong with the gimmicks we'd replace the faulty ones but rest assured these are being produced by a quality company and I have personally had te gimmicks myself for the past three weeks. You do need to look after them and care is required with anything of this nature..

I value my sight as much as anyone and whenever I do this effect I am extremely hygienic and very very careful. Naturally we cannot be responsible for misuse, bad hygiene etc. Much like purchasing a firework, used correctly it is safe, but bad use can be dangerous.. or like driving a car after three or four beers.

There will be a replacement system in place as you obviously don't need endless amounts of DVDs.
The product lifespan is determined by a number of factors. If you use them everyday you may get six months with care.

What I consider 'normal' use, two to three times a week, you should get a year. We have supplied a PDF guide about caring for your gimmicks and 'IF' you follow Berk's guidance and the PDF guide you'll be fine. BUT it does ultimately depend on you.

I have had the same UFO 3 since it's release, however a good friend of mine is on his 3rd, not due to anything more than mine being looked after and his chucked in a bag at the end of a gig..

Just to let you know next week I am away in Indonesia performing and Peter will be away to so whilst we will do our best to update here we may not be able to as much as we would like so please bare with us.

Thank you for your interest and good thoughts...

MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
thoughtthief10
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of thoughtthief10
Does this also come with the Spelmann beanie hat?

Brian,
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
That unfortunately is a bonus extra or Biokinesis the delux edition.. Smile
thoughtthief10
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of thoughtthief10
I will have to wait for the delux edition..lol.Anyway have a great time in Indonesia, Im sure you will leave your audience spelbound! Love your stuff.

Brian,
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Thanks Brian.. I love your stuff.. Well except the socks on the bedroom floor.. Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Marc, perfect answer to my question... As long as it was already something that was thought about I am ok with that. I use Normal Color Contacts yearly. Come close to Halloween or an even I will begin to train my eyes to getting use to having contacts in your eyes. Most All FX contacts come with about a 6 month life span but that is of course if you are the few that wear them every day. I have had some (I have 7 pairs) last I well over two years but that is because I do not wear them all the time.... Now people who preorder or order this be aware that by my understanding practicing this at home all that time adds to the life span of the Specs. Just be careful and pay attention to all the instruction that the PDF will state because contacts can be as Delicate as Loop, and as tough as Kevlar... you just have to learn how to interact with them... Still very excited and hoping I can have and practice these before September for my wedding... I have decided that since I am doing my own vowels and the Mayor of Roselle Park NJ will be the ordain Minister when I start my vows that is when I will Activate the spirits from beyond to help me in declaring my love... By the by, friends of mine on here if you want to know more about me here is my Face book address. Just state you’re from the Café and I will add...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=505202382
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Combine this one with impromptu card tricks such as Nervous Aces in Aldo's DVD, I think it's a kill. Just pretend by closing our eyes while we listen to the spectator when they deal the card one by one. Then when it arrives at their card, we open our eyes and looking straight at theirs by saying "That was your card".

Well, some of them might just fall off from the chair, fainted, or scream their lung out Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I hate to buy extra´s after receiving an effect...

Do I have to buy something extra with this or does it come complete as a complete package as it should be?

Best,
John
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
The DVD & Gimmicks are supplied but the extra two things you'd need are available at any Pharmacy or drug store. The shipping costs and packaging would have added another $50 to the price of the product when a trip to the local pharmacy will be far less for most.

MS
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2010-07-30 16:25, roblane wrote:
I pre-ordered this as soon as I saw the demo. Then I thought 'contacts hmmmm, not so sure'. But there are so many possibilities with this my head is spinning. As a hobbyist, I'm very aware how difficult it is ( nigh impossible) to convince family of any potential 'powers'. My thought is to use this with Don Theo III's. wonderful Svenvelope. When attempting to 'read' the first word, go into a 'trance' ( cue eye change). Even though you 'fail' to get the word, the idea that 'something' happened to you whilst trying will be very strong, particularly if you feign no knowledge of exactly what has happened to you. A shake of the head followed by, ' wow, that felt strange', should do it. What do you all think?

Thanks for the mention Roblane. I find this effect to be very interesting. And I think you bring up a good point that instead of trying to use this as an effect itself it is much more powerful when used as part of an experience.

D
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
That's how Berk Eratay uses his creation. He would go into an altered state in order to mind read via communication with a passed person. His eyes would change to indicate that he now had the ability.

I think it has to be a subtlety that enhances the main effect.

MS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL