The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Still looking forward to it, thanks for the updates Marc !
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
So the people in UK will be getting the gimmick and the DVD while the USA will just be getting the dvd?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ That's fine with me, I have enough contacts to go around and play with Smile I already have the white-out contacts seen in the demo vid. Contacts that I HIGHLY recommend are the Angelic Blue lenses (seen in my AV Pic), they almost look like they glow! Infact, my nephew calls me "Glow eye's" when I wear em Smile

If anyone is looking to get contacts where they don't ask for that special something, PM me (hope this don't get me in trouble Smile ).

Paul
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2010-10-02 12:49, Piz wrote:
^^^ That's fine with me, I have enough contacts to go around and play with Smile I already have the white-out contacts seen in the demo vid. Contacts that I HIGHLY recommend are the Angelic Blue lenses (seen in my AV Pic), they almost look like they glow! .
Paul

According to Alakazam, it is dangerous to use normal FX contacts with Berk's method , so you need and must use the biokinesis ones.

remember you only get one set of eyes, don't damage them for a trick, its not cool.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ That's understandable, I been wearing FX contacts for over 12 years, it depends what they mean by "normal FX contacts". I have wrote so many reviews on contact lenses it's not even funny, including Mirrored lenses (as you see in the Riddick movies) on my Lens forums.

There are many different kinds out there, hand painted, machines laser colored, etc. I feel what this effect boils down to is the thickness of the contact lens itself, as there is simply NO special way to make a FX contact lens (I can care less if it's for a trick or not). There are yearly contacts which tend to be thicker, monthlies which tend to be much thinner, daily's super thin, Etc. There are 11mm(glass lenses) 14mm, 15mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm, anything above 14mm will be thicker. I have some 18mm that can barely bend!

As I stated, there is no special way to make a contact lens, they are all made out of the same thing, polymers, more specifically polycrylamide (so the eye can breath). The only special thing they can do with this effect is if they cut the contact lens a certain way, but if this is the case, it would make the lens use-less.

Paul
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
There is one way to release this effect to U.S. customers. At the Check-out process, ask for the phone-number to the customers eye doctor so they can be cleared to wear contacts.

Just as if I ordered lenses from Internet sites here in the states, most of the sites ask for my eye doctors phone number, and clear it through them that I have had an eye physical and am cleared to wear contact lenses. I do not see why this same process cannot be done with this effect? This is following FDA procedure and is the legal way of purchasing contact lenses here in the states.

If extra charges need to be added due to the long-distance phone call to there eye-doctor, then so be it, atleast we would be able to own this effect.

Paul
GavinK
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
60 Posts

Profile of GavinK
So as of right now is there even a link to purchase the lenses? And while on the lenses are there any specifics as to why I'd need 'special' lenses?
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
961 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Straight from the newsletter:

The wait is almost over - THANK YOU all most sincerely for your patience and understanding!

We are now expecting to ship out BIOKINESIS orders the LATTER part of the week commencing 18th October!
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
92 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
Hi,

maybe its possible to get hold of one of the alakazam guys here at the forum...i emailed alakazam magic several times but got no response...so my concern: I want to cancel my biokineses pre order and asked if its possible to change it to other items (for example instant radio v2,...)...hopefully someone from alakazam will get in contact with me via pm...

greetz max
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
961 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 12:37, maxmaximus wrote:
Hi,

maybe its possible to get hold of one of the alakazam guys here at the forum...i emailed alakazam magic several times but got no response...so my concern: I want to cancel my biokineses pre order and asked if its possible to change it to other items (for example instant radio v2,...)...hopefully someone from alakazam will get in contact with me via pm...

greetz max

They got a live chat customer support on their homepage, I had no trouble to get in contact with Peter at all.
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-10-04 19:30, GavinK wrote:
So as of right now is there even a link to purchase the lenses? And while on the lenses are there any specifics as to why I'd need 'special' lenses?

The lenses discussed are part of the effect and AIUI come with your order.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
92 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
@rickdangerous: tried the live customer support too...we will see...
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
I was at Alakazam HQ this last week filming some projects & received a master of Biokinesis & the lenses.

Firstly the dvd explains everything in great detail & Berk Shows Marc who has never worn lenses before every little detail !! I have never before worn any lenses & have been trying this out & it is great. It will take practise like everything else but Berk Teaches 3 methods ranging from Step 1 to step 3. When you understand the concept this makes the learning much quicker & practise will be required for the different techniques.

All in All a well produced dvd that goes through each & every step of the effect & also the care of your eyes, like anything you put into your eyes you are responsible for the hygiene & care of the lenses which to a novice like me explains what I wanted to know !!!

Should start to ship out of Alakazam on the 22nd October just in time for halloween !!

Mark
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
HEy It sure will be an awesome release, But can you tell that later for the refill will we be able to buy only the gimmicks.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
I saw on alakazams USA website if you order from them the gimmick and dvds ship out from their UKs office
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
455 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Alakazam will be shipping Biokinesis @ the end of the week
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
961 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Just got mail that my biokinesis order has been dispatched!
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
745 Posts

Profile of roblane
Yep, me too! Soon be freakin out the kidz!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2193 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update Biokinesis is now shipping!!!

Regards

Peter
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1888 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I ordered from SM Productionz. Are they shipping?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL