The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..20~21~22 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Think the care and expiry are the same as all contacts
sieler
View Profile
New user
Cupertino, CA
63 Posts

Profile of sieler
Hmm...how about a comedy version, talking about cameras and flashes, where you end up
with *really* red eyes? Smile

I've seen Berk do this several times, very close up ... and it's awesome.

Note that it requires the performer to get the audience's close attention to the your eyes
- it's easy to overlook otherwise.

Congrats, Berk!
Stan

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 6:47pm
Forgot my original motiviation for posting: @paisa23, I want to see a video of your wedding!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well sent the Wife the Link and she said she is on board with the Purchase, so is Hocus-pocus the only one providing freee shipping for Pre-order? Alakazam what is yout site pricing them at? I thought you guys were out of state? How much would shipping be out of your location? SAy to San Antonio TX.
FoxRobert
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of FoxRobert
Hello Berk and Mark,
does anybody of you know, how long I will wait if I will make an order right now? Could you tell me by your opinion how long takes the practise to master it approximately?
Thank you. Robert

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 7:25pm
By the way I love it! It is a great tool for hundreds of applications....
Berk.Eratay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Berk.Eratay
Fox as I believe it'll be released really soon as soon as they finalize the DVD and the box.
If you work with me hand to hand know the basic usage of lens maybe 3 days to get whole thing cause I may show you the correct points...
For DVD on my experience 1 day for what we call level one lifting... 1 weeks for level 2 and for level 3 possibly 1 month...
But the more you invest in it the more you'll master and failproof it gets... So it's good for you to learn it really late.

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 8:00pm
@Stan thanks
Will I see you this year at Vegas?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Oh if I get this and have it down by the wedding it will be done... And we already have a videographer so its a matter of pre ordering and waiting and practicing. It will for sure be up to be viewed wether youtube or my facebook, that will depend on Berks permission. But I just havent decided wether to pre order from Alakazam or Hocus-pocus. IM in the military as most of you know Living in San Antonio my fiance lives in Jersey so ill be flying home 3 days prior to the wedding its been a heck of a year getting money together to travel back and forth so Free shipping does sweeten the pot.. UNless there is a Military discount, ah Berk? JE JE just kidding but seriously, lol Really eager about this. I don't tend to get like that about too many effects, but I agree this is a Tool that if performed well can really devaste an audience. EVEN ON THE RARE OCCASION YOUR OUT WITH FRIENDS AT A BAR and a buddy gets into trouble.. this is a REALLY QUICK way to get him out of a fight. IMAGINE!!!! " AH I WOULDNT MESS WITH HIM IF I WAS YOU!!!" (CHANGE EYES)... LOL HAMSTER IS ON THE WHEEL GUYS AND HE IS RUNNING PRETTY FAST.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
I think everyone is missing out on the true potential of this. Doesn't anyone else wanna HULK out ala Bixby/Ferrigno? ;P Bring on the green ring lenses. LOL

Ok on a serious note: Prescription aside, would these need to be sized as most contacts have to be? Base curve etc? Or are these a one size fits most? Again, talking about fit here, not prescription.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Quote:
On 2010-07-26 19:56, Berk.Eratay wrote:
Fox as I believe it'll be released really soon as soon as they finalize the DVD and the box.
If you work with me hand to hand know the basic usage of lens maybe 3 days to get whole thing cause I may show you the correct points...
For DVD on my experience 1 day for what we call level one lifting... 1 weeks for level 2 and for level 3 possibly 1 month...
But the more you invest in it the more u'll master and failproof it gets... So It's good for you to learn it really late

Thanks for that Berk, I am looking forward to putting the time into this effect as the potential of this effect performed wisely will just be Scary !

Really looking forward to this !

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I think the "Hey look at my scary eyes? is very cool but what about cueing spectators with two shapes or a word written on the lenses?

A color on one and a shape on the other.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
193 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 10:52, Xiqual wrote:
I think the "Hey look at my scary eyes? is very cool but what about cueing spectators with two shapes or a word written on the lenses?

James

Good thinking.

- Sam
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
My preorder went in to hocus-pocus today. Now the waiting game.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
This fits you like a tee Paisa! Just like those monster teeth you had in before. Smile
Berk.Eratay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Berk.Eratay
@ Xiqual within time I developed ones with word and playing cards symbols on it for instant stooge... Look in to my eyes you'll see the truth... U can actually give a command to ur instant stooge Smile
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 10:52, Xiqual wrote:

James

Great idea James !

As a pseudo hypnotism routine with symbols, just a thought what about swirls like in the growing & shrinking head.

I have watched quite a few clips of Berk from the tv show performing Biokinesis, I think it was the panel, they all looked on edge, great theatre & played great.

Performed as a colour changing eye trick will be just that a trick. Performed with layers of work shows how big it can play !

What a great utility tool !

Berk are you planning any classes in the UK ?

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
The customized contacts exist not only for playing cards, but other symbols, shapes, and information. They use this in the entertainment indusry all the time. Yes, this can be used by mentalists for that application.

Regards,
Mike
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
This is awesome, other then magic contacts are my second love. I actually own those white-out contacts and about 20 other pairs of other FX tacs, and am a member on Lensaholic forums Smile . This effect is right up my alley, I always thought of doing this exact effect, I rearly perform without contacts in my eye's, this one's mine! Smile

Paul
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 14:25, Giani wrote:
This fits you like a tee Paisa! Just like those monster teeth you had in before. Smile

Tell me about it!!! Eager to get these!!!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 16:57, paisa23 wrote:
Quote:

Just imagine wearing them on the Riverwalk!!!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 19:31, Giani wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-27 16:57, paisa23 wrote:
Quote:

Just imagine wearing them on the Riverwalk!!!

I think the hard thing for me is going to be convincing the magic aspect of this effect.

I wear Special-Effect contacts so often everyone around me knows me as just that, as well as the customers I perform for, which in return they may not see this as magic, but more of a "gag" type effect. For me, this is one of those special gig type deals, as I am well known within my circle for my "Weird Eye's". Smile

Paul
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I was pretty sure you had already thought of that Berk.
This is very exciting! It really is something new in magic.
Thanks Berk,
James

Quote:
On 2010-07-27 14:27, Berk.Eratay wrote:
@ Xiqual within time I developed ones with word and playing cards symbols on it for instant stooge... Look in to my eyes you'll see the truth... U can actually give a command to ur instant stooge Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam presents "Biokinesis" by Berk Eratay (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL