The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey Secret Files Volume 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
Here is my rating on the trick of this DVD:

1. Remote Control= 7/10
2. NOMAD= 8/10
3. X= 2/10
4. Found Money= 3/10
5. Midnight Special= 6/10
6. Tunnel Vision= 1/10
7. Fed Exchange= 8/10
8. The Wave Load= 2/10
9. Ditto= 4/10
10. Over the counter= 6/10
11. Spontaneuos Combustion= 9/10
12. Healer= 8/10
13. Classified= 10/10

Overall= I really didn't care for this volume. I think Volume 1 was way better. The tricks were not very good accept Classified, something I will use. Because of Classified, I will give this dvd a passing mark. 5/10
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Classified is a clever, clever, trick, and with proper presentation can play as big as card magic will allow.

I also liked, Spontaneuos Combustion, for some strange reason as well.

It's a decent set of DVD's with a lot of creativity on display, but with very bad lighting and at times sub-par production(also part of it's charm).
Drive Carefully
JesseMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Oxnard, CA
124 Posts

Profile of JesseMagic
I agree, though I'm a bug fan of Sakney I only found myself doing a few effects from the tapes and know I'm not doing any...

Sankey DVD's for sale 50.00
Coolmagic
View Profile
New user
My mom...
67 Posts

Profile of Coolmagic
I also like Sankey but I didn't find really new stuff. A lot of variation of old things.

VCM
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
Variations of old things? Like what effects are you talking about? Found Money and The Wave Load were the only things I'd seen elsewhere. I've tried Tunnel Vision, Healer, Fedex Change, Healer, and Spontaneous Combustion and they all got pretty good reactions.
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
I'm surprised you didn't like this DVD. This contains some of the best material by Jay Sankey. I'd say you were underrating the effects taught in this video. As far as I can see, the only trick that is based on an old principle is Midnight Special.
Remote Control: 7/10

Nomad: 8.5/10 - a very clever handling for a simple effect. (I think Eddie Fechter's Simple Card Transposition.)

X - 10/10 - This really pumps up the Invisible Deck by leaps and bounds. And there are two different conclusions that you can get from this trick. My favorite handling of the Invisible Deck.

Found Money - 5/10 - mediocre, but that's probably because I'm a card guy and not a coin guy, so its better to just disregard my rating on this.

Midnight Special - 5/10 - an alternate handling for a simple trick that can be found in Expert Card Technique.

Tunnel Vision - 6/10 - I wouldn't go that far to rate this 1 out of 10. The trick isn't that bad. This handling is pretty complicated for a four card/four coin routine, but when you see Jay perform it, it looks like real magic.

Fedex Change - 9/10 - my favorite trick in the entire DVD. A very very ingenious handling of a two card transposition. This gets really good reactions. The utilisation of the Convincing Control by Ed Marlo is incredible.

The Wave Load - 5/10 - ditto Found Money.

Ditto - 7/10 - I think I saw Blaine perform a variation of You Do As I Do on his second special, and it seemed to be exactly the same handling as Ditto. Anyway, I don't even know if Jay Sankey came up with this handling. Anyway, it IS a sneaky You do As I Do, and a really simple version as well. (Not as simple as the original though.)

Over the Counter - 8/10 - Though I'm not an IT guy, this application of the IT is really good. A pretty practical floating aspirin routine.

Spontaneous Combustion - 9/10 - for some strange reason, I have a a strange affection towards this trick. It really appeals to me for no apparent reason. I don't know why. This is self-working, and the use of fire really appeals to the spectator as well - just don't get his hand burnt!

Healer - 7.5/10 - a very nice version of a Torn and Restored effect. Based on the same principle as Outsider, his color-changing deck routine, found in the first volume, and I feel this is a more practical application as compared to Outsider, which I didn't really enjoy.

Classified - 9.5/10 - Slightly disappointed at first when I learnt the explanation behind this trick, but that disappointment slowly materialised and I discovered how useful this trick can be in the business world. Need I say more?
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
rezamalek
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of rezamalek
I'd say if you want to get your money's worth get Sankeys best of and skip this set
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I bought the set purely because someone recommended the "X" handling of Invisible Deck.

I was REALLY disapointed.

As mentioned, the last trick on the 2nd DVD is good, I was underwhelmed by everything else.

Stick with L+L's "Best of".
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
i have the best of and they are a great set of DVD's
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey Secret Files Volume 2 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL