The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » How Much??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magikwizard3267
View Profile
New user
Dallas Tx
3 Posts

Profile of magikwizard3267
Just a question I haven't seen on the site yet. How much money overall have you spent on magic? Be truthful now! Smile
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
thousands
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Lots on coins.
More on toys.
Hundreds on books.
A great deal on things I don't use.
Going to be spending hundreds on reels.
Good thing the few routines I'm working on require very cheap props!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
dwagner
View Profile
New user
Jacsonville, Florida
14 Posts

Profile of dwagner
I just do magic as a hobby, for friends and loved ones, but I would say I've spent about $500 so far. I started young with a Scotch and Soda set. Now that I'm older and have my own income, I've been buying a lot more. Floating rose video is my favorite and most difficult trick I own, and I just ordered a flight 204 today. Loops has been the one I buy the most often at $10 a pop, I think they're good for a variation on rising card. I do hope to get more books in the near furture. Sorry for rambling on here. Smile
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Thousands...but the real magic is hiding it from the wife. I hate being sneaky Smile , but if ever get caught Smile
Davy Davis
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Davy Davis
When I originally got involved in magic in the mid 1980's I was spending about $50 a week and that went on for over a year. Then I didn't start spending again until last year. The monthly cost now seems to be about $250. Talk about inflation....
Davy
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Low thousands Smile Smile
Got to agree with George though. The problem is my wife is sneakier! But hey, she still spends waaaay more than I do so it works out!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I also do magic as a hobby. I also do it as a side to my DJ business, just to entertain them more. I've spent around $300. I am saving up for a car now, so I have to stop buying magic.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Davy Davis
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Davy Davis
I think a more useful question is how much have you spent on magic just to learn the "secret" and ended up with something that just sits in a trunk/box/drawer. I found it very hard at the begining on buying tricks that I have read the instructions and said "so that's how it works" and then put it away.
Most of my expenses now are on books and DVD especially ones where the focus is on performing properly and not just first you do this and then you do that.
Davy
dwagner
View Profile
New user
Jacsonville, Florida
14 Posts

Profile of dwagner
I see your point Davy Smile
I bought Carpenter's Nightmare thinking it was really cool, but when I got it home I was a little disapointed with it. I practiced it for a while hoping it would still wow some people, but the first time I did it in front of someone they figured it out. It's been sitting in my drawer ever since. Oh well.
Smile
Augustus Rapp
View Profile
New user
Out of Time
17 Posts

Profile of Augustus Rapp
Over a hundred thousand, but I've been in the game for a long long time. Smile
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
You got off cheap...lol...I say after recently aquiring my 500th book (hardcover).
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
for some reason i don't know exactly...

i have been in magic for about 18 months and i think i have spent well over 5 thousand dollars in that short period...

i have a really supportive mother and i had a job in the beginning...
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
$5,601 is the current total on my magic database. That covers books, props, videos, lecture notes, etc. Sad part is, I could have a had a pretty decent car by now. Oh well, I love my magic!!!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
too much
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
When you love you don't count...
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
dwagner
View Profile
New user
Jacsonville, Florida
14 Posts

Profile of dwagner
Does anyone have insurace on their magic?
(just curious) Smile
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
That is a scary question. I would have to say well into the thousands. I have hit the 30 year mark so I guess that isn't to bad. Plus it is starting to pay for itself pretty well now.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Quote:
On 2003-07-03 20:42, dwagner wrote:
Does anyone have insurace on their magic?
(just curious) Smile

That was the reason I created my database ( that and organization), but to be honest, I have not tried submitting it to the company yet.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
BigT123,

That's why I don't have a database. After 43 years of doing this I'd pass out after seeing the bottom line.

Take Care,

Vincent Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » How Much??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL