The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Head under bucket's illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
734 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
HI, can anyone tell me the name of the illusion where the assistants head is under a bucket and moves from bucket to bucket then a final vanish of the assistant?

Cheers

Ash
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
734 Posts

I believe its heads up, made by dream concepts, anyone else know a builder who has this?

Cheers

Ash
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The original concept belongs to Sonny Hayes and it still his creation and not in public domain! Having talked to both Dream concept & Sonny it is my understanding that they will take the illusion of the market as it is not theirs to sell.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3639 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Rafael didn't Paul Osborne publish the plans in Genii??

B
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Blair I think you're right, I think it's in the Big Black Book, I'll have to double check. But I definatly remember Osborne doing it I can see the graphics in my head ^_^

~Matt~
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
734 Posts

Can anyone confirm that this Is in print? If so where? Thanks guys!

Ash
Guy Barrett
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Guy Barrett
Its in Paul Osbornes Big Black Book, page 235, called "Where is She".
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Yes, Paul Osborne published it but just as an illusion idea, the routine was not published!
Paul Osborne also published plans for the Mini Cube Zag, Interlude & fire spiker but Paul is very honest in telling everybody that these are reference plans only and NOT building plans! (the rights are not included)
So you can build a base & put 3 buckets on there but you can't perform the cups & balls idea using a head because this belongs to Sonny Hayes.
The best is to contact Sonny about this and to ask him, his web-site is: http://www.sonnyhayes.com
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Here is one video with balls. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbwfjOOzOjo

Best,

Las
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
734 Posts

Do we know who made that one, it looks far better the the dream-concepts version, thanks for the video!
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Ask Simon directly.

a.hupp@simonpierro.de

Best,

Las
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Simon Pierro had it build by his own builder.
It was me that suggested to Simon to contact sunny Hayes about the rights which he didn't get but thanks to his creativity he came up with something better (because it is unique to him) and not just another copy!
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
734 Posts

Agreed! Would love to know the builder really nice looking prop!
Damfino
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Damfino
Just to be sure, it is a Sonny Hayes original creation, he never gave anyone permission to use it. Paul Osbourne in doing this has caused no end of problems for him and for some genuine people who thought it was his to sell. I have heard the usual stuff about it being an old classic, easy to say, though no one has ever managed any proof. It is some kind of devious, sick person who does this kind of thing. A real minus for the world. I suspect that there are many other incidence of this banditry where other people's ideas are plagiarised without permission or ethical consideration. Worst kind of theft!
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Anyone else but me going to point out the way he decides to non-chalatantly give away the secret to the opening effect of the Bowling ball from briefcase? Perfect example of why magic is going down the drain. There has to be some kind of penalty created to protect our secrets. Just like the NFL and other sports issue fines to athletes for not adhering to the rules.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Head under bucket's illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL