The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Equipment need to make a bite coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Diaz
View Profile
New user
Caracas Venezuela
13 Posts

Profile of David Diaz
First of all, I am not looking to make my gimmick not to pay for it in a magic shop (I already have a Half Dollar). The problem is that here in my country, some people ask why I have to use american coins instead the national one (Bolivar).

That´s why I was wondering how to fabricate this gimmick (or the folding coin too) in my native coin.
Thanks for your Help.
Dave. Smile
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
You are one of many that have come across this problem. I don't have the link offhand, but I believe that there is a shop that makes a variety of folding coins. I think they also will make a custom one for a little bit of money though. I know I got it from the Café (the link). Someone will reply...
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
David,

try http://www.roykueppers.com. He is a magician who makes folding coins and other gaffs. He may be able to make a folding Bolivar for you if you send him one. His email is roykueppers@execulink.com.

Good luck.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I've heard something called a jewler's saw will allow you to make very fine cuts in metal and jewels, something to look into
JesseMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Oxnard, CA
124 Posts

Profile of JesseMagic
If the links Joshua gave you don't work, maybe you can e-mail someone at a online magic shop that could help you. Smile
David Diaz
View Profile
New user
Caracas Venezuela
13 Posts

Profile of David Diaz
Thank you all guys for the request, I will contact Joshua´s guy. But I´m interest in some ideas like Mcgyver gave me (tools), because its difficult for me to send or even access to someone in US.
Dave
:clownonball:
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I offer you this alternative:

Use the american coin. Create a patter to give reason for the coin, before they ask. For instance, "You know, those Americans spend money like candy! [bite]...mmmm...I see why, it even tastes like candy!"
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I think that blindbo has an excellent idea!! You could create humorous patter to do alot with foriegn currency, or could use patter that is not humor based. Something along the lines of "why our currency is the way it is as oppossed to other countries". I tip my hat to you blindbo!! Great idea. Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
I make my own but my last job was a cnc machine operetor so I use the machins but if you ask me you should go to http://www.roykueppers.com all I'll say is he,s second to none.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Todd Lassen is the man....

Trust me.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
This is not a standard way but-
I`ve ground and filed a circular section from a coin. Then switch the coin in and show it really bitten by dropping it on the table.
You can restore it by switching it back but it looks better just left bitten.
I usually throw it in my case explaining that its ilegal to leave defaced coins about, but if I lose it I can make another.
Eddie
exodus
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of exodus
I've never seen a way to make FC's. I like to know how to make certain gaffs in case mine mess up, and this is one that's always bugged me.
keven
View Profile
Regular user
Apple Valley Ca
106 Posts

Profile of keven
I heard you can use a bone saw to make your cut . I think that they use a laser to make the cut to . I've looked into it a little but it's more trouble than it's worth .
Penn & Teller "God Bless Them"
NickW
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
66 Posts

Profile of NickW
Try http://www.zyworld.com/coinpurse/Prestomain.htm - they're in the UK, but are happy to make gaffed coins to order if you supply two matched coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Equipment need to make a bite coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL