The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Can anyone be a juggler? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
If you've got two hands and can throw and catch one ball you can learn to do it with three. The cascade isn't all that difficult once you get your head around the fact that you are throwing with both hands, one after the other.

If you don't have access to a juggling shop where you are I'd recommend making some cloth beanbags to work with. Here's an example of some homemade juggling balls: http://www.butterfingers.co.uk/Ko-Bespok......L0101002

The advantage is you can make them as big or as small as you like and fill them as much as you want too. Some jugglers prefer a much firming juggling ball, where as others like them to be a little more squashy.

If you decide to make your own balls the average size is about 62mm - 67mm diameter and around 130g in weight. As you'll see most juggling balls are also made of four panels of fabric.

You don't need a sewing machine to make these either, just a needle and thread.

Its better to work with good juggling balls. You'll learn quicker.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
PS

You may like to look here: http://www.jugglingdb.com/compendium/ski......ags.html

It gives advice on how to construct your own juggling beanbags. I've used these type of bags before, made by Dave Barnes, and they are gorgeous!!

Good luck Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
fingerflinger
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
57 Posts

Profile of fingerflinger
I think just about anyone can learn some very basic juggling. However, some will learn more quickly then others. To take juggling to more advanced levels is a huge commitment, but for those who decide to make this choice, it is a very worthwhile one. Nothing quite like the satisfaction of finally mastering a new pattern, after weeks, months, or even years of trying...
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I took about two months to keep three balls up. My ex learned that much in twenty minutes. I love juggling and envy the guys that can do it well, but unfortunately I have learned my limits!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Can anyone be a juggler? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL