The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Phlye vs. Come Fly With Me (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
As I now have both CFWM and Phlye and I can say without reservation that both sets have strong points to recommend.

In my opinion, the elegant routine that Mark has created is the strongest point in favor of CFWM.

The Phlye routine is much less elegant, but no less magical. And Sammy, I think the final vanish is easier with Phlye than CFWM. The greatest point in favor of Phlye is the usability of the gaffs for a multiplicity of routines rather than just for 3-fly (this is somewhat true for CFWM as well, but "more" true with the Phlye gaffs). The gaffs for Phlye are NOT unique, and in fact fairly common. You can get a lot of info about whether the Phlye routine is for you from the demo CC has done with these coins (here is a demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byvNZLJBMb8. If you can get them, I strongly recommend custom coins with the Phlye set (I have Walking Liberty coins). Although I didn't buy from him, I think Roy Kuppers still makes these coins and I assume you can contact him for custom information.

Regards,

Alan
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Me?

Well if one were using a phyle set - one could put a small magnet into the place where carpet take goes for the Roth Lapel coin and use one of six options to finish the across with a vanish from that Stand-up One Coin Routine after a short flury. I give that approach a 5/6. Smile

Just thinking,

Jon
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
If you like to hand he coins out, then U3F is the only way to go. Kohler starts the routine by handing out all three coins (apparently). I bought CFWM in Morgans, used and managed to sell it off at a price that was $5 more than I paid for it. IMO CFWM is an overly complicated variation of U3F. Here is truly a case of gaff overkill! I am surprised that Mark didn't figure out a way to gaff the third coin to make the effect a completely ghastly gaffing gaffe.

I am also amazed to note that when Phlye has been compared to CFWM in the previous postings there has been no mention of the price difference. All those CFWM gaffs make it quite a bit more expensive than Phlye.

BTW I have just managed to pick up three sets of Phlye in JFK's at wholesale. THey retail for $200 each. I will keep one for myself and sell off the other two in the Café market place for a hefty discount. PM me if you are interested.
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
Quote:
On 2012-02-22 02:29, Tonylew wrote:
If you like to hand he coins out, then U3F is the only way to go. Kohler starts the routine by handing out all three coins (apparently). I bought CFWM in Morgans, used and managed to sell it off at a price that was $5 more than I paid for it. IMO CFWM is an overly complicated variation of U3F. Here is truly a case of gaff overkill! I am surprised that Mark didn't figure out a way to gaff the third coin to make the effect a completely ghastly gaffing gaffe.

I am also amazed to note that when Phlye has been compared to CFWM in the previous postings there has been no mention of the price difference. All those CFWM gaffs make it quite a bit more expensive than Phlye.

BTW I have just managed to pick up three sets of Phlye in JFK's at wholesale. THey retail for $200 each. I will keep one for myself and sell off the other two in the Café market place for a hefty discount. PM me if you are interested.

Was this a pitch for you to sell YOUR set's of Phlye? Your kidding right, your going to rip Mark Mason's work then try to peddle YOUR set's of Phlye? What a joke, the mods have to delete this post please. There is a place to sell your things, it's called Tricks & effects for sale or trade... just in case you weren't aware.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have both sets and like both of them.
in terms of durability they are both excellant.
I like marks handling and routien better with cfwm.
if I were to sell one it would be phyle just because
I like cfwm better just my preference.
todd
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I was not attempting to peddle my sets *as I have yet to receive them*. PLease note that I made no mention of a price. *I was just trying to issue a heads up.* I believe that I stated clearly that I intend to sell my sets in the Café market place when they arrive so I am quite aware of its existence. I am also sure that I have seen similar postings in this type of forum in the past.

FWIW I own and am very happy with Mark Mason's MIracle Chip and his new Swadling flipper that I just upgraded from a JFK to a Walking Liberty. I just don't happen to like his CFWM for the reasons that I stated above. If everybody agreed on such matters we would all be doing identical versions of each effect. I don't believe that would go over too well with our audiences.
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
Quote:
On 2012-02-22 02:29, Tonylew wrote:
IMO CFWM is an overly complicated variation of U3F. Here is truly a case of gaff overkill! I am surprised that Mark didn't figure out a way to gaff the third coin to make the effect a completely ghastly gaffing gaffe

Was that necessary? Really? Putting that in a open forum. And just admit you had a agenda to sell something, shame on you.
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
Apparently THe Magic Café has acquired a new moderator of forum ethics. Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea tony
and his making a a## out himself very quick.
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
^^^Sticks and stones...^^^
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 04:53, howie3 wrote:

Just show me where they keep them, and I will pleased to use them!

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Quote:
On 2012-02-27 00:41, DoctorCognos wrote:
Quote:

The Doctor

hahaha I love this forum!
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
Quote:
On 2012-02-27 00:41, DoctorCognos wrote:
Quote:

The Doctor

You sure about that doc? Because then, you might need a doctor. Smile
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
You say ‘sticks and stones’ as if another reestablishing equanimity is condemnable.

Yet you over-zealously use these mechanisms of belittlement that you undermine.

These are huge contradictions you have to come to terms with.

The most difficult thing one can do is to face themselves.
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 00:09, DJ Trix wrote:
You say ‘sticks and stones’ as if another reestablishing equanimity is condemnable.

Yet you over-zealously use these mechanisms of belittlement that you undermine.

These are huge contradictions you have to come to terms with.

My father always tells me to try to talk your way out of something as I did but if someone is going to use "sticks and stones", then I have the right to defend myself. Does that answer you statement? DR. oh sorry DJ. So I don't have to come to terms with anything. Life is good.Smile
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 00:09, DJ Trix wrote:

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Only on the Café can a topic about coin gaffs end up like this. With such a wide variety of members you've got to take the good and the strange.

:)
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Is Sticks & Stones a new coin gaff routine?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
No A Book by J.R.
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 11:44, Chessmann wrote:
Only on the Café can a topic about coin gaffs end up like this. With such a wide variety of members you've got to take the good and the strange.

:)

You call them strange, I call them weird-o's that have no life.Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Phlye vs. Come Fly With Me (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL