The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Marketing » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gdrayson
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of gdrayson
Hi,

I was looking for the marketing area, the place to talk about best ways to market your services - but I couldn't find it. Could you please guide me?

Thanks

Gordon
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
This is the Business forum - >TRICKY BUSINESS<

It is under SPECIAL INTERESTS

Cheers
Frank
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Just to be clear, this section can be used for the discussion of marketing techniques but advertising a specific site or offer would not be allowed. That would be considered advertising.
Where the magic begins
gdrayson
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of gdrayson
Really?? I can't give something away?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Your question was about the best way to "market" your services. That would indicate a sale of some sort or a fee to be collected. Such a post would be considered advertising.

You cannot post a link to your web site but even if you could, the site includes advertising to actually purchase your services so advertising comes into play.

Your question did not asking about giving something away. You can do so if you can do it without linking to your site. I'm not sure how you would accomplish this, however.

I sent you a PM earlier that might explain this a little better.
Where the magic begins
gdrayson
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of gdrayson
Wow - tough crowd Smile

I am only running a contest to give something away for free - but it seems your rules do not allow this.

Just out of interest, as you seem to have categories for pretty much everything - why not a category for announcements of resources and products related to magic? There are some of us that do this for a living, and this sort of information would be great. Of course those who are not interested need never open that section on their computer.

Gordon
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
For those that wish to advertise their services or products, we allow sponsorship with the creation of a banner ad. Rates and specifics can be discussed directly with Steve Brooks.

Regardless of the category used, whether new or one that is existing, such discussions would fall into the category of advertising.
Where the magic begins
gdrayson
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of gdrayson
I don't wish to advertise - I am just running a free contest and wanted to share the love with members of The Magic Café.

Looks like the members will miss out :-(
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Yes, it's a free contest on your website. Sorry
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Marketing » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL