The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The 12,789th shift in history (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Hey Arnold - if you have the book Marlo in spades - there is a false cut in the book - Johnson's false cut. The idea makes a great table shift if done in the hands as in your video only doing the move "after" the cut on the table.

One thing you might try - is to angle the move like and do it at the same angle and timing that the Mexican Joe Table Pass is done (Ultimate Secrets of card magic - Vernon/Ganson). This works well for magic although I never made a video of it.

Apparently the Artanis Shift looks a lot like another table shift in the Vernon/Ganson book Ultimate secrets of card magic - no name - it is the second method described in the book.

Cheers.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of No. 92
Black eagle. You're on the right track my friend. Although I don't like riffle passes in general, I DO like that you're using good cover and providing reasoning for you to cover the move the way you did. That's something a lot of folks neglect when first starting (and sometimes when well seasoned)

So good job keep up the good work.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I am FAR from qualified to really post in this section of the Café, but, words of encouragement to AMcD:

Don't let the w A n K e R s get you down. There are always going to be greedy people and bugger them if they are not appreciative.

On another note, it is not just this part of the Café where knowledgeable people have slowed down or ceased posting. I mainly hang in the Workers section and some heavy hitters have gone silent. They have PMd me why they have and their reasons are quite similar to the idiocies you have gotten from people AMcD. It's a pity that some people do not realize a gift and can accept it as such and be thankful.

I like the fact that you said you are giving back after learning from people like Doc, Jason England, and Z.

I am glad guys like you are around. This area fascinates me, and while I cannot do a TENTH of what you guys can do here, it is ALWAYS a splendid read.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Quote:
On 2010-07-29 13:34, Vlad_77 wrote:

I like the fact that you said you are giving back after learning from people like Doc, Jason England, and Z.

Everyone who has gained something from someone else should do the same. That's the way I think and I've been educated 40+ years ago. The only way to be grateful and to keep things improving. Acting differently is just selfishness, but that's what kills our world isn't it?

You're not a card player, a card hustling serious amateur or a professional cheat but anyway, I give you a level-1 access on my website when you want. Basically, an access to all the videos I've put here so far (yes kevin, it's now reopened...).

Cordially.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
[quote]On 2010-07-29 13:51, AMcD wrote:
Quote:

... (yes kevin, it's now reopened...).

Cordially.

:)

I will now demand level 11 access.

It was me who complains about the downloading, but I complain about everything. What Arnold wants to do is what he wants to do, and nothing changes Arnold.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
[quote]On 2010-07-30 23:28, kcg5 wrote:
Quote:

It was me who complains about the downloading.

Don't worry man, you're not the only one, and at least your request had a reason why.

You have no idea how many complains I have received. It's something I just can't understand. Your offer something for free, you help guys, you spend your time... and you get complaints, denigrations, insults(!), etc.

The new generations are just a bunch of snotty kids, all is due for them, all must be free and immediate. But except moaning, there's nothing I can do. Fortunately, I meet cool guys once in a while, then it's worth to keep acting like I do. May the ****heads burn in hell, that's all Smile.
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
Quote:
On 2010-07-31 11:54, AMcD wrote:

The new generations are just a bunch of snotty kids, all is due for them, all must be free and immediate.

You got that right. It makes me sick.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
The best one so far was a chump asking me for exposing more easier methods, because practicing, etc. is such a bore...
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-07-31 20:29, AMcD wrote:
The best one so far was a chump asking me for exposing more easier methods, because practicing, etc. is such a bore...

*Sighs* Why am I NOT surprised ....

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: Thank you as well AMcD for the access.
AdamB
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of AdamB
Quote:
On 2010-07-29 09:48, bishthemagish wrote:
Hey Arnold - if you have the book Marlo in spades - there is a false cut in the book - Johnson's false cut. The idea makes a great table shift if done in the hands as in your video only doing the move "after" the cut on the table.

One thing you might try - is to angle the move like and do it at the same angle and timing that the Mexican Joe Table Pass is done (Ultimate Secrets of card magic - Vernon/Ganson). This works well for magic although I never made a video of it.

Apparently the Artanis Shift looks a lot like another table shift in the Vernon/Ganson book Ultimate secrets of card magic - no name - it is the second method described in the book.

Cheers.

I believe the Mexican Joe Table Pass is demonstrated in one of the Revelations videos as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The 12,789th shift in history (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL