The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Helium balloon tank. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ArtofDeception
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of ArtofDeception
Does anyone know what is the smallest size possible? I've been looking around and all I found were this fat non refillable tanks at walmart.. I just want something I can carry around inside a briefcase or book bag, I know it sounds crazy but the only reason why I want this is because I think I have seen it somewhere before...i'm not crazy.

I need it for a magic trick I do where I get a kid to inflate a balloon by mouth or with a pump if he cant by mouth, and then I tie a string to it and draw eyes and tell the audience I'm going to hypnotize it and make it think its a helium balloon, at the end I make it float and give it to the kid as a souvenir . does anyone do this? or anything like it? I know its published somewhere, I made this my own way but the effect has been done before.

Any help would be appreciated.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
Try a diving or scuba outlet or ebay for a "spare air" tank, or emergency tank. I'm not sure how big they are but this is probably your best bet!

good luck,

best wishes
Danny
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
Try http://www.spareair.com and check out the 170 Model which is under 9" high.

You may need to check if you can fill it with helium.
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I would think that you could use a small CO2 tank like the refillable sort they use for paintball. Try to find a dis-reputable gas distribution hub that will fill it without it being certified for the purpose.

Only kidding on that last bit. Seriously though, I know that with the CO2 tanks they have to be inspected and licensed before you can fill them.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
The first thing you need to do is find a source for helium once you have that they can direct you as to where to find a tank. in fact they probably sell them. or for a small deposit they give you one. when you return it you get your deposit back, or roll your deposit over to the next bottle. I am sure helium tanks are like any-other tanks that hold gas.. they are only good for so long then you cant fill them anymore so renting a tank might be better then buying one.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
ArtofDeception
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of ArtofDeception
Thanks for all the good info, I know of a good helium supply, I'm gonna contact them and see what they have..
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I once saw a hot air balloon pilot use a small tank like you described to inflate a balloon to test air currents before lift-off.

Maybe hot air balloon supply places might have them.
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Helium balloon tank. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL