The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Lost effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Hey all,
I did an effect about ten years ago at a competition and am having trouble remembering the tighter details. It uses a hat, a glass, a paper bag to cover the glass and a wadded up bill. The glass is covered and then is set on top of the bill. The performer bets the spectator that he can get the bill under the hat without touching it. The spectator bets and the performer drops the hat on top of the covered glass and say's "it's under the hat." After the groans subside there's a second phase that I cannot recall. The final phase uses a top-change style move to secretly load the glass under the hat after which the performer sets the (now empty) bag to one side and covers the bill with the glass loaded hat. He then bets the spectator he can get the bill under the glass without touching it. Of course the spectator knows for sure this cannot happen and accepts. The empty bag is smashed and the performer lifts the hat to show the bill is under the glass. Is this ringing a bell with anyone?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
It's a verison Bob Read's Transpo Tumbler routine with the bag being used in place of the newspaper as a cover. That routine was Bob's version of the old salt shaker or drinking glass thru table.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thank's RS1963.
I was just informed of that by a good friend of mine. He also reminded me that John Carney did that effect on Letterman a few weeks back. I watched it and his version is great! I have Bob Read's "impromptu miracles" coming in the mail. As you suggested I will definitely study Bob's version before branching out.

Thank's again
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Yes, I would also recommend studying Bob's version.

Regards,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Lost effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL