The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Imagination ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Just got back from the three day Bristol Harbour Festival which is one of the best of its kind that the UK has to offer.

So many street entertainers too many to mention but all of a really good standard. Catching my eye was a Dodo with its Master creating havock all over,,,a unique idea which was well presented,,,Circus Sol,Mapjack,Clarky and myself were in the Castle grounds with really huge crowds.

This year we were booked with the Flea Circus only,,,on pay plus bottle which made it even better !

Now thinking back,,our shows with 1000 plus watching !!! A Flea Circus !!! Only the front few rows would have seen anything but they all stayed until the end and appeared to suck it all in !

Why ?

Not logical but its true. I put it down to the use of a PA which we don`t normaly use being a very small show unit.I guess if they could hear the words that it was sufficient to sell the lie, so all gained something from the experience.

Audience Imagination is a wonderful thing.

On the down side of course being right in the City centre and sleeping on site in the van was a nightmare, with the druggies, drunks and people peeing just about everywhere (Including over the wall into the River Avon) Sleep was hard ! Security did their best but were outnumbered ten to one.

Would we do it again ? Hell yes, roll on next year.

Ken.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Thanks for the story!

The reason people stayed - easy. Three words. Y O U

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Imagination ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL