The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Don't Look Now by Al Leech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert The Magical Radway
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Robert The Magical Radway
Hi guys,
I recently picked up Al Leech's Don't Look Now, The Smart Slant on Misdirection, and what can I say, but that the booklet was great. Al Leech's views on misdirection are very different from anything that I have ever read before, and this book really changed the way I thought about misdirection and magic in general, overall this booklet was great. Has anybody else read this booklet and what are your opinions of it?

Robert
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
566 Posts

Profile of Motor City
I, too, thought it was excellent. It should be in the library of every magician.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1608 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Unfortunately, I follow the link and the flat rate for international shipping is US44 for a booklet of $10? That's way too expensive to get some of these good books.

I hope that there are somewhere else I can buy Al Leech's works...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of learachel
Yes ,the same for me! the shipping are more expensive than the booklet!!
octave
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of octave
I found the above mentioned book for $7 @ MidwestMagic dot net .Since it is a booklet I guess the international shipping cost shouldn't exceed $14(minimum shipping charge @ the above mentioned site).

-octave

P.S: Not affiliated with the above mentioned site in any way.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
If ANYTHING was a candidate for being digitized THIS is. Al Leech was quite a brilliant thinker, and it saddens me that this will be hard to acquire for our outside the United States sisters and brothers. It could be made into a 10.00USD e-book, and the buyer could then print it, this saving on prohibitive shipping costs.

Just my two bits of course Smile Maybe Chris Wasshuber might get wind of this and contact Magic, Inc.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Yeah it would be a great way to have all the Al Leech booklets in ebook form. I should try mentioning it to the people at Magic Inc when I go into the store again. I'm surprised that the shipping is so high for a booklet internationally... Has anybody else gotten some of the booklets that Magic Inc puts out? I have some of the Al Leech ones, but I haven't gotten many others.
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Steven, where do you live? Because when I tested to see what the shipping was internationally, to france, it was only $14, and I think that you could add more booklets to that as well...
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1608 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Robert, I am in Hong Kong. I just hope that Magicinc will notice this problem. I am sincerely supporting ethical magic shop and ethical products (delete my 1,000 words background)...

Basically for priority air mail to USA for upto 3 pounds in weight it will cost even less than US$40 from Hong Kong. So the whole book set of Al Leech I believe it should takes shipping cost much less than that.

Other than that, I will just wait and see. Thanks everyone anyway.

Sincerely,
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2010-08-02 17:46, Robert The Magical Radway wrote:
Hi guys,
I recently picked up Al Leech's Don't Look Now, The Smart Slant on Misdirection, and what can I say, but that the booklet was great. Al Leech's views on misdirection are very different from anything that I have ever read before, and this book really changed the way I thought about misdirection and magic in general, overall this booklet was great. Has anybody else read this booklet and what are your opinions of it?

Robert
Yes. I highly recommend it. I am a long time fan of Al Leech and his minimalistic view on close-up magic in general. His card effects are simple, straight forward, and effective IMHO... I own all of his literature including Anthony Braham's "A Last Look At Leech".

Cardamagically,
Dom
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Steven, I went into the magic shop today, and asked them about the shipping, they said that the All of Leech booklet set could be shipped to Hong Kong for only $14, and that there is some sort of error with their shipping system on the website. They said that if you placed an order, they would correct the shipping, and send you an email with the adjusted price.

Hope this helps,

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Don't Look Now by Al Leech (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL