The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Regal's Red Streamlined Convertible (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1434 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Just to clarify 75% is not a bad grade. I thought the trick was great, but the score reflects the fact that there are very few places I can use it and also that I think therevare better David Regal effects. It's still a great trick though.

Dave Penn just doesn't like what he calls 'magic for magicians' which unfortunately he considers an ace assembly to be a prime example. Go figure!!!

Craig
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I quite enjoy Craig and David's review show. They are funny and informative. But like any of us, their opinions apply to them, their experience, needs, personal judgments, etc. You have to have an effect and perform it to know how an audience will react or if it will fit what you do/how you work.

Some professional table hoppers have performed the cups and balls successfully in their restaurants. Other have not performed it in a restaurant, but say you shouldn't. Who is right? Yep, the ones that have performed it for their audience.

So, enjoy reviews wherever you may get them, but buy an effect if it interests you. Then you and decide.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Hey Guys, I posted the following elsewhere on this forum, but I think I should've posted it here:

I love these reviews! These two guys are fun to watch and they have a great chemistry on camera, as well as being articulate. For those who missed the review of my DVD Red Streamlined Convertible, here's a synopsis, paraphrased:

"I hate ace assemblies!"
"Why would anyone want to do an ace assembly?"
"This is the cleanest version of this plot I've ever seen in my life."
"Ace assemblies are the worst!"

I'll take it.

Seriously, guys, you are providing a great service. Keep them coming.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Looks like I'm more disappointed in the review results than you, David, and it's your baby!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I remember watching an ace assembly online while I was still a layman 4 years ago, and I was BLOWN AWAY. I truly don't believe it to be magician magic because I felt the power of an ace assembly first hand. This one looks great.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-08-13 02:08, daffydoug wrote:
Looks like I'm more disappointed in the review results than you, David, and it's your baby!

Don't sweat it. David is a secure, professional and knows that reviews, good or otherwise, are just individual opinions. He's performed this effect for real people at the Magic Castle, etc. and knows the reactions it gets.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I know all that. That's PRECISELY why I was so shocked at the review.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I took the plunge. Well, actually it was not much of a plunge. A twenty Spot for a great effect like this was a splendid deal.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I'm happy with the part of the review that said (I paraphrase): "This is the cleanest version of this plot I've ever seen in my life."

If you don't like card assemblies, stay away. Uh...yeah. If you do like card assemblies, you will be very pleased with your purchase.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I happen to love 'em! Got bunches of them! But one more can't hurt. And again, the 20 spot was a steal! David that is the lowest price we could have asked for. Like rock bottom. I was expecting it to be closer to $30 after adding in that confounded shipping fee, but I was PLEASANTLY surprised.

Really looking forward to this!
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
622 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
The ace assembly plot is classic for a very good reason. I still remember when, as a layman, I first saw McDonald's Aces. It absolutely blew me away. It was clear all the way through what was going to happen, but as each Ace disappeared, it just seemed more and more amazing, and that final turnover, as inevitable as it was, floored me.

In general, I agree with David Penn's point about "magic for magicians," and I agree that there are some ace assemblies that do fall into this category. But the more direct ones do not. I don't have RSC, but if it is indeed as "streamlined" as it has been reviewed to be, then I can't imagine it not being a solid effect for laymen and magicians alike.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1151 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Can someone tell me how this routine differs from say, Picasso Aces or Magic Castle Aces? From what I understand, these two assemblies also involve aces of a differing back.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I should be receiving this very soon. REALLY looking forward to checking it out as I love the odd backed assembly plot!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Must say I'm a fan as well.
Just makes it seem so much more impossible using odd backers.
The first version I learned was by Bruce Cervon years ago and ever since then I have loved the plot.

Steve
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
My copy arrived today and upon initial viewing, it looks like I purchased a good 'un! Thanks David, for releasing this!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Update. I LOVE this effect! What a showpiece!
W:H
View Profile
V.I.P.
222 Posts

Profile of W:H
Hey guys,

So glad you're liking RSC. Regal floored me with it when we began production for the video. So cool!

WH
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of RNK
After learning this- I must say- this is very nice and visual. Handling is not to difficult and to perform with ungaffed cards is so nice. I must agree with the general opinion- this is as great effect. This is probably one the the few reviews I disagree with Craig and David. This is a winner and I would highly recommend it!

RNK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6991 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Got this in the mail a few days ago. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet but really looking forward to it!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-08-26 08:14, RNK wrote:
After learning this- I must say- this is very nice and visual. Handling is not to difficult and to perform with ungaffed cards is so nice. I must agree with the general opinion- this is as great effect. This is probably one the the few reviews I disagree with Craig and David. This is a winner and I would highly recommend it!

RNK

Second the motion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Regal's Red Streamlined Convertible (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL