The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Thumb tip silk improvement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
I'm looking for techniques using a TT and silk that will fool those that already know of it. Any listed sources would be great.
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Try a finger tip!
BaoHoang
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
140 Posts

Profile of BaoHoang
You can do other things with a tt than the Silk trick. My magic teacher put a cigarette and put it in a jacket. We tough that it was going to burn but it vanished. Before teaching the trick, he told us that he used a tt painted in blue white and red. Wow. When you don't expect it you don't see it
Montreal Magician Bao
www.baomagic.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Check out the "Eclipse Tip" by Jay Scott Berry
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-08-06 00:11, TKE wrote:
I'm looking for techniques using a TT and silk that will fool those that already know of it. Any listed sources would be great.

Bob Blau's World of Magic has my silk vanish and recovery routine in it. So does the November 1999 issue of the Linking Ring. You can also get it in my lecture notes How to Work as a Renaissance Festival Magician. The notes also have my bill in lemon routine and some other excellent material.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Use the silk poke instead of a TT.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
You can also use a sixth finger.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Check out David Williamson's work too.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
PM'ed you.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
You'll find some terrific out-of-the-box handling taught on Alexander de Cova's Examining the Thumbtip DVD.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Correction to my post. The thumb tip work appeared in the January 1997 issue of MUM.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I am not sure the name of this magician, but is the one with a red silk at 0:25 in this demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWdGiiKAfA&feature=related

he does a nice routine to fool those that already know the classic vanish.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
Thanks for the input. I am looking ONLY for subtleties, routines and tips for using a TT and SILK. I am well aware of other effects and other tips. But I need specifically a TT and silk advice. Thanks
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Asked and answered.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
PM me -- I have a couple of moves I have never seen on any DVD or in any book. Doesn't mean they are original though. No way of knowing what you already know.

I'm a bit bothered, though, that you think the purpose of magic is to fool people who already know about TT's. Most spectators today have never seen a live magician and will be entertained and mystified by a good presentation with no thought of method.

If you post exactly who your intended audience is you might get more useful responses.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Just because it is called a T.T. doesn't mean you have to wear it there. I used to use it all the time and very rarely was it where it was supposed to be.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Unfortunitly we cannot explain secret handling in this open forum, maybe you could post in the Banquet Secret Section of the Café.

I have seen most beginners give really bad presentations of the Vanishing Silk. They signal they are hidding something and fumble around like they are don't know what they are doing.

There is one handling which most do not use, but is very deceptive. It is very simple. Remember the TT is never to be seen and if so only from the tip of end view.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The Sophie Evans DVD put out by Kevin James has a slew of wonderful techniques and routines for the thumb tip. Featured on the video are myself, Larry Jennings, Peter Pit, TA Waters, Steve Valentine, Billy McComb, Daryl, Earl Nelson, Sophie Evans, Kevin James, and many others.

It is one of the most valuable and interesting source of original moves and routines for the Thumb Tip ever produced. I highly recommend it.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2010-08-06 20:26, walid ahumada wrote:
I am not sure the name of this magician, but is the one with a red silk at 0:25 in this demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpWdGiiKAfA&feature=related

he does a nice routine to fool those that already know the classic vanish.

It's Alain Nu.

Quote:
On 2010-08-07 23:53, Whit Haydn wrote:
The Sophie Evans DVD put out by Kevin James has a slew of wonderful techniques and routines for the thumb tip. Featured on the video are myself, Larry Jennings, Peter Pit, TA Waters, Steve Valentine, Billy McComb, Daryl, Earl Nelson, Sophie Evans, Kevin James, and many others.

It is one of the most valuable and interesting source of original moves and routines for the Thumb Tip ever produced. I highly recommend it.

Any more info on this Whit?

A search for Sophie Evans turns up an adult actress Smile

Mike
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
This is the Sophie Evans who is a lady magician located in Las Vegas, she is currently working with Amazing Jonathon, and used to work with Kevin James. The DVD should be available from dealers, or directly from Kevin James.

She will be performing in the Palace of Mystery at the Magic Castle Aug 23-30.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177878492&ref=ts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Thumb tip silk improvement (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL