The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I'm a complete idiot. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
Or at least I feel like one. Can someone tell me the effect of "Confabulation"? Everyone refers to it, but I've never heard a description. Thanks.
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Three bits of information are given by the audience, the magician shows he has predicted these three things, his prediction being in a sealed envelope in his wallet.

Many magicians use bog standard presentations based around a car purchase or holiday.Deposit amount, car type, colour.

There are many ways of doing it, but Confabulation IS one of the best.

Grimmond's Triple Forecast was a non wallet marketed version. Ron Vilson has a version in The Uncanny Scott.

Peter Duffie discovered the other year Tom Sellers had a version in the 1930's where the prediction was inside a box on his table.

Paul Hallas
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Quote:
On 2002-04-12 19:10, Rob Wallis wrote:
Or at least I feel like one. Can someone tell me the effect of "Confabulation"? Everyone refers to it, but I've never heard a description. Thanks.

The original routine was an effect by Allan Shaxon of Britain and was marketed by Ken Brooke I beleive (attention Paul Green - care to verify that). The effect is that you ask three questions of audience members and you find them predicted inside a sealed envelope inside a zippered wallet inside your jacket pocket. There are numerous variations although my top three favorites are "Ron Wilson's version found in "The Uncanny Scot", Slate-Sational (which is a lockable version of the Himber effect) and for close-up Anthony Linden's "Fortune and Fate".

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Tristan
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
48 Posts

Profile of Tristan
As Paul Hallas said it in another post, you can find a very good script in "Mind, myth & magic". The plot is about reincarnation
pradip_rao
View Profile
New user
Bombay, India
67 Posts

Profile of pradip_rao
Tristan!

Would be obliged if you could give us the exact effect or page reference in "Mynd, Myth & Magic" where the re-incarnation theme can be found.

I own a copy of the book but not the detailed index. The sheer size of the book and the way the effects are named, makes it very frustrating if you are looking for something without knowing its name.

Thanks in advance!
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Eric Mason also put a version of this effect in his book "stuff" page 117 called "NCR"
and Jack Dean ut out a version called
"Your wish Inc" At least I think thats what it was called
phillip
Tristan
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
48 Posts

Profile of Tristan
The effect in "Mind, Myth & magick" is called "Pastell" (p.254-256)
pradip_rao
View Profile
New user
Bombay, India
67 Posts

Profile of pradip_rao
Tristan,

Many thanks for the lead to "Pastell". I will certainly look it up.
gunter.samy
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of gunter.samy
The most fabulous performance ive seen of confabulation was derren brown and the blind athlete, my mind was blown
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I'm a complete idiot. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL