The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Question about Kohler's Aces in Their Faces.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1155 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I'm considering this routine, and need a little guidance from those of you that have it. I'm thinking of using this as a follow up to a regular 4 ace production. I know there are gaffs used in the routine. Is it feasible to go into this routine from an ace production, or would there be too many cards to switch out?
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Corbett,

You can easily do this. In fact, many of the best MacDonald's Aces routines (of which this is a descendant/variation) start with a four ace revelation.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1155 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Thanks Vlad.

Would I need to switch out, or is it the non-ace cards that are gaffed?
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2010-08-06 09:22, Vlad_77 wrote:
Corbett,

You can easily do this. In fact, many of the best MacDonald's Aces routines (of which this is a descendant/variation) start with a four ace revelation.

Ahimsa,
Vlad

This is a variation of Marlo's Aces, not MacDonald's.
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
While this is an assembly, it works different than McDonald's Aces. You would need the right ace production since the Kohler effect uses a set up and would require the deck be handled a certain way.
Have you looked at the demo of this effect?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
A simple deck switch, might be effective.
Doug
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Aces In Their Faces offers 4 different routines. It's been constructed over years of performance. Each routines starts with a very surprising ace production. The production sequence is quite different however than the flourish style because the audience reveals three of the aces while they are controlling the deck.

This style production fits the routine and adds power to the overall effect. The power of the routine is built by a "hands-off" approach that is consistent.

That being said, I have seen performers use controls, shifts etc to lose then produce the aces before performing AITF with just the one deck. I'm sure it's effective for them.

While the gimmicks are different than the Mac Aces the routine still requires 4 more aces. You can certainly come up with many ways to use these for the production.

Personally I think you should try the routines as taught just as an exercise to see the power the routine has and the reaction it gets.

The trick has sold a zillion copies so I know a lot of folks have found it to be very effective.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Bob! I used to own "Aces In Their Faces". A really ingenious method. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. The POWER this has...well, it fooled ME the first time I saw it.

It was given to me as a bonus, from Don's Magic & Fun Shop for buying a bunch of magic from him.

One of the best ace tricks I owned. I had several, and this was one of the top three.

Doug
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
I have the original routine before the DVD and additional routines were added.
Excellent effect.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've got a lot of millage out of this effect over the years. VERY deceptive! No hype. This one brings home the money.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yessir, Daff'! And everyone, you can get this w/DVD at Penguin Magic:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S10918

I love Penguin. I have had the greatest service from them. They have helped me more than I can say here.

However, if you want, you can get it directly from Mr. Kohler:

https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/artists.cfm?artistid=1

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This may sound strange, but I love the gaffs in this one. The whole routine is so psychologically sound and WELL BUILT so that with a fair amount of practice, you can and will be smoking their minds every time.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I think I'm going to repurchase this next. I have to drum up some more cash, but it's worth every penny!

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I can absolutely guarantee it will be worth the sacrifice. When you see how this works and the psychology involved, you'll be grinning from ear to ear inside. (Every time you perform it!)

Like the proverbial cat that got the last of the cream!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh, I used to have it, Daff'! Performed it numerous times. As I said above, it was in my top 3!

What really sold me this time, was the DVD included. Less than $20! For the DVD AND gaffed cards! Penguin Magic:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S10918

I can't turn that down. My situation has literally made me broke. I'm waiting to get a little dinero to buy this again. I lost EVERY magic prop and effect I had in a foreclosure. 4 trunks full!

Little by little, I will get back the most important things. This is one of them.

The "Whacky" Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2010-08-16 11:29, daffydoug wrote:
...Like the proverbial cat that got the last of the cream!

Yeah, and that cat stays outside now!

Hey, Daff', how long have you been doing "Aces In Their Faces"? There's not that many "Ace" tricks on the market that get a real "thumper", as I call it, for a reaction. That's one of them.

Bob, you said, "...Personally I think you should try the routines as taught just as an exercise to see the power the routine has and the reaction it gets." And I did just that. Incredible! It's one of those gems, that I underestimated at first, but man, did that fry people. Wow. Simple, but very effective!

Can't wait until I see that DVD. After seeing the demo, on Penguin's site, yep, gonna get this one again, for sure! The DVD looks like it's LOADED with extra routines, and for $20? That's a DEAL! The old one (I had) came with a couple of different routines, as I remember. I did just the basic routine.

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Me? I got this from Hank Lee a good three, maybe four years ago. It's been a long time. It's a keeper!
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I just got mine the other day. I watched the dvd 3 or 4 times it is priceless I cant wait to perform it.

mtstic44
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
The good thing about this trick is it could cater for any level of magician or performer.

Each routine explained in the DVD will bring you into a point and one point only: you're audience will be amazed. Of course we have to get a good script and presentation, but this trick is pretty much a self working. When you put each Ace card into a pile, every dirty thing is done, only need a good way to reveal.

This is a keeper. Fairly easy, as you don't need to have a big table or space to do this.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
jglumley
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
233 Posts

Profile of jglumley
This is more then a keeper, this is a new staple that ranks up their with scotch N soda, and an invis desk. It is just one of those things that we all should own. I was preforming this effect in my act the next day after I got it.
The "18"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Question about Kohler's Aces in Their Faces.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL