The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Coin load (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnaccardo
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnaccardo
Hey everyone.
I'm trying to do a cups and balls routine and I wanted to do a large hand full of coins as a final load. Does anybody know of any sort of gimmick or method allowing me to do it?
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4819 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
John,

Discussions of methods are not allowed on the open forums. However, I'm sure some of our Café community may have a few suggestions as to the information you are seeking. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
johnaccardo
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnaccardo
Ok. then let me rephrase that. does anyone know where I can find a method or a gimmick to accomplish a large amount of coins for a cups and balls?
much appreciated.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes. Pockety Chop by John Snyder has a great coin load method. Or you can see if you can find Lee Keebler's method.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
johnaccardo
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnaccardo
Thank you very much! You have no idea how helpful that is. Do you know where I can find these routines?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
As far as Pockety Chop is concerned, it's a booklet on how to use the original mini Don Alan chop cup, which was called a "pocket" chop cup, back in the 1970's when that item was issued. It covered more than just the routine and the coin load. However, the booklet is currently out of print.

That's the mediocre news. The good news is that it does show up from time to time at various used book sources.

Another resource is Martin's Miracles. There is a dice cup routine in there that has a principle that can be applied to any load of a lot of small objects.

Lee does a final load of poker chips, which could easily be adapted to coins. His web site is http://www.outofsleight.com/

Maybe this will put you on the right track!

Lee Keebler used to post here as djkuttdecks. If you will do a quick search, you will eventually find a link to his routine that will give you the info you need on how to get it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6723 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Nice, Bill! I made that site a favorite for future reference/purchase. Thanks! Wow. I never would have found that myself.

Doug
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
I can attest to the fact that Lee's routine is quite good.

A cursory viewing of the explanation portion of Mr. Kebler's DVD quickly proves that a lot of thought has gone into this piece.

Highly recommended for both its charm and outside the box thinking.

Best,

Doug II
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2644 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
John Mendoza also does a final load with pennies...it's on volume 2 of his "My Best" series, which L&L sells. The whole set of DVDs is fantastic in my opinion. I've used a variation of his final load and found it to work very nicely!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I remember the first time I saw that routine. I saw it live in Nashville a few months later, and I watched it fry Richard Green. Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I did a final load in a leather chop cup 20 years ago of a stack of nickels. Also devised a load of rice (see in my book, "The Magic of Emile Clifton.")
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Hey guy, I'm still here. You know me, I do more reading on here that posting Smile Thanks for the kind words.
-Lee
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Lee ...I finally got around to watching your routine. Awesome... love it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ken Rabalais
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
41 Posts

Profile of Ken Rabalais
Thank you John for asking this question. And thank you everyone for the answers. I find that the questions I want to ask have usually already been asked, I just have to look around and find them. I am truly loving this site.

Are any of these methods useful for producing a handfull of coins without a cup, or is this covered somewhere else. I would like to end a short routine with a production of a handfull of coins to scatter on the table.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Some of them might be useful as a starting point. However, there are routines that are specific to that particular idea. Sawa's "Slot Machine" is a good example.

There is a forum section specifically for coin workers, as well as a section for manipulative magic. This idea encompasses elements of both.

There are several considerations:
1) your performing conditions -- close-up (which you imply here)-- surrounded or not?
2) seated or standing?
3) size of coin
4) quantity of coin
5) structure of the existing routine.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Ken Rabalais
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
41 Posts

Profile of Ken Rabalais
Thank you Mr Palmer, I am learning so much.

I plan to do this not surrounded, seated like at a dinner table, the routine I am working on uses Kennedy Halves and English Pennies, but the handfull can be odd assorted coins left of the table for people to look at after the Magic is finished. I can say something about the coins have traveled through the ether and how many different coins can be retrieved with a grab (or whatever gesture is needed), then scatter the load on the table for people to look at.

The routine as it sits, still working on it, will start with one copper coin, transforms to silver, multiplies to three or four coins, a coins across (from something I read in a Hugard book), then the coins dissappear one by one, leaving one. Then the production of the handfull. I am open to what kinds of coins that could be used for this, but I have access to a handfull or more of all kinds of foriegn coins collected from change from someone who used to travel.

I do think this is better suited to the coin area or manipulative area after all. Thank you for your indulgence on being in the wrong section.

ps: It was nice to meet you at the I.B.M. flea market the other day, you told me the story of Gazzo's cups that are on display.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There is no real problem with you posting here. Actually, you will just find more people who can help you with very specific help in the other parts of the forum.

The more you can do standing, the better off you will be.

Once you get 50 posts, then you can visit the Secret Sessions, which has specific information. We can't turn loose of these "mysteries" in an open forum!

I'll PM you with some info since I know who you are.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Ken Rabalais
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
41 Posts

Profile of Ken Rabalais
Thank you, now I will have to learn how to retrieve PMs. I am sure I will figure it out. Thanks sooo much. I am really loving this site, I should have registered years ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Coin load (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL