The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » FISM location question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ddeckmann
View Profile
Loyal user
Paraguay
202 Posts

Profile of ddeckmann
Hi, I'm having a bit of a trouble on a brazilian forum because we had the news that Brazil is a candidate for 2014...

I'm not so excited with it because since I'm also a Social Sciences student, I have another point of view...

So I talked about a little bit about politics there and and a storm of nacionalism came onto me. Since Brazil is hosting the next olympics and the next world cup, they say that Brazil is growing in terms of international economy and that is more than enough to host the FISM.

Still, I argue, that 80% of Brazil's is in extreme poverty, that has major issues with education, indians, racism, abortion and whole gamma of troubles. I say that is very hypocrite stand to host international events making Brazil look the way is not. Plus, I don't think that the government will care for the FISM as it will the world cup and the Olympics.

As you may know, Rio de Janeiro is famous for his beaches and the naked women dancing on the Carnaval parade. It is also renown (here) for being filled with favelas (ghettos, lots of them) who controls heavy drug traffic and organized crime. Rio de Janeiro is the only city in Brazil that has a special heavy duty police to take care of the favelas. They have a skull with a knife trough it as the emblem.. so it makes you wonder about their job and politics... well, that is just one of the problems here...

I thought that a country having a cultural-magic history had some influence over deciding where the next FISM is going to be.

I'll appreciate some enlightenment on the subject.

Thanks,

Dante Deckmann
mitchmagi
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of mitchmagi
The next FISM is in 2012 in England with the one thereafter taking place in 2015. The final decision on location for the 2015 event is voted on by the FISM General Assembly at the England event.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » FISM location question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL