The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Recommend stand up coin effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
Somewhat new to coins but want to add a coin effect to my stand up parlour/tradeshow routine, I was looking for any ideas, it would have to be able to do surrounded and off the table so viewable. Any ideas would be awesome.
Thanks
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Edit: Didn't notice this was I 'Trick coin trickery'.

No Trick Coins:

Sankey's "No Jacket Required".
Roth's “Down the Sleeve”.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Hooser's Charming Chinese Challenge kills. (no trick coins, just a trick mind.)
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I think quite a few of David Roth's coin and silk routines work surrounded. The ones I know of are on Volume 2 of his Ultimate Coin Magic Collection.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Have a look at the various coins to glass routines. The sound of the coins in the glass helps the effect play bigger. In print, there's David Acer's, Fred Kaps', Dai Vernon's and John Carney's routines. David Roth and Mike Gallo have recently put very good routines on video.

For tradeshow work, I like the coin in the bottle. Again, sound is a factor, and the effect is a good crowd builder. See the Ammar routine.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I'll second Curtis' recommendation on John Carney's routine. It's called Silver and Glass and it's absolutely gorgeous.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Paul Green's "Above, Beside, or Below" is WONDERFUL routine and meets all of your criteria Hood Smile

And, I will "third" Curtis Kam's suggestion. Also, since he is modest, I would urge you to check out HIS work. Curtis Kam is one of the most accomplished sleight of hand artists and ENTERTAINERS extant.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
There are many effects that can be performed surrounded using the Tango T.U.C. -- and more effects being developed all the time, so it's hard to go wrong.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I nominate Curtis Kam's "Full Circle" routine.
Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
Coin to glass sounds like it will work out great, I just saw the TUC and was looking at that, I suppose you could do a coin to glass with that as well or no? Thanks for the tips.
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Stand up...How about Homer's Coin Two?
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
You might want to check "Audio" and "OxyClean" by Eric Jones, there are very good stand up coin routines with not difficult sleights.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
3 Fly III or one of the fingertips coins across variants

Curtis Kam has a great routine in Apocalypse called Inferential C/S Transposition. I wonder if you remember that one Mr. Kam? KILLER routine Smile

This next routine is bill and coin transposition that is impossibly clean looking. Check out Cameron Francis' Exchange Rate DVD. Exchange Rate is the main routine on the DVD - the other stuff is great too BTW - and the transposition is truly a thing of beauty. Highly visual and there is NO mistaking where the bill and coin are before the transposition because the transposition happens at the fingertips.

Namaste,
Vlad
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Ramrocha...(tic cha).
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Recommend stand up coin effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL