The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Dan Sperry on AGT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I really like Dan's stage persona and skill but even Magic needs a little logic.....

Hey I got a Lifesaver stuck in my throat. I know, I will push some dental floss through my neck to retrieve it.

Look, I was able to pull it out!

Chewing the mint just doesn't make sense.

Of course I suppose the extended logic is that after the mint is chewed some dental floss is needed.....

Also, I cannot see Close up Magic playing well enough to continue in the competition.....Murray will probably rent even larger illusions for his future appearances.
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Sperry's bird act plays big.
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
The first time I ever saw him do this effect I think was actually better than what he did on AGT. He chewed the life saver, picked at his teeth a little like there was something caught, pulled out the dental floss and drew it up to his mouth like he was going to floss his teeth, I think he even put it in his mouth... but at the last second he brought it down to his throat. It was a big fake-out. Even more squirm-worthy than what he did on TV.

As for you people complaining about the chewed life saver not making sense, what dork swallows a life saver whole?? He chewed it, needed the floss to clean up afterwards, and used it to retrieve a restored candy.

Did you also want to debate the logic of a torn and restored newspaper? That seems like a much more plausible argument; who rips up a news paper just so they can put it together again? At least the mint freshens your breath when you chew it.

Personally, I'm hoping for his doves next time also... but I think he's got something else in store for all of us.
notimp
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of notimp
Dan was suddenly noticed by no other than me in the german version of AGT, where he performed some of his classics. As part of the background deals he was also instantly promoted to the finals of the show (German TV has a thing with scripting all the emotional plotlines of their shows in recent years, not only in reality formats.. Smile ). Regardless it was a fine act and the reaction shots are somewhat priceless. Smile I also like how hes venturing in somewhat querkier territory with his on stage persona, but then bringing the audience back in with this "look, touch, its fine, its ok, I never would do that" banter. Smile

I thought you might enjoy it as well, here is the video of the performance: http://www.clipfish.de/special/supertale......nt-2012/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Dan Sperry on AGT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL