The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadow vision (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
184 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Shadow Vision your thoughts on this illusion? How well does it really play to the audience?
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
I think this plays well if staged properly. However, to me it's also one of those illusions that has "so many"- "she's not here, or here, or here, or here, or here" proof points. Though that does make it more puzzling.

I think done well it plays very nicely, I'm reminded I think (correct me if I'm wrong please) of a Silvan performance of this that was quite good on a "local tv show" o.O?

Just my few thoughts.
miraclesawait
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of miraclesawait
If I'm thinking of the right illusion I do believe if you present it right on stage it would play good with the audience.

isn't this the illusion that failed on AGT a year or so ago??
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I like it. I've seen it performed a couple of time and the audience liked it. I think it really fools them.
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Wanmagic,

I had the opportunity to perform with this prop for about 400 shows during a theme park show season. It got great reactions from the audience and is very visual.

The problem is that it is very complicated to perform and it took us three weeks of rehearsal and about two weeks of 30 shows per week to get comfortable with it. Also, it is not a two-person (magician/assistant) illusion.

Sincerely,
David
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Who has the rights to built this illusion now
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On 2010-08-14 22:11, Magic Monkichi wrote:
I think done well it plays very nicely, I'm reminded I think (correct me if I'm wrong please) of a Silvan performance of this that was quite good on a "local tv show" o.O?

Just my few thoughts.

Yes he did. Here is the that program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bqjSjizGvo

I love his card work. I saw him on tv years ago doing his full card act. My dad was stunned when Sylvan produced cards from his clenched fist. After seeing my dads reaction to it, I had to learn it. It took me many years to find the correct way, but I put it into my card manipulation act because of Sylvan.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
This one never did if for me, it's just too complicated. You move her here .. you move her there, then her head drops down. It's just too much, not to mention all that could go wrong. Let's not forget that infamous performance of this very illusion on America's Got Talent a few years back.

The illusion was first offered by Creative Illusions .. if I remember correctly. The company is no longer in existence but, I think Bill Smith might have the rights to build this one. He's on the Café from time to time .. maybe he'll chime in.

Steve
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
184 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Everything takes work in illusion this I am aware of. I think it would be worth the effort. I have been told by others of how complicated it is. Thanks to all for your comments. David Garrity thanks for giving me some good solid performance experience advice that was what I was looking for. Thanks again to all for your help!!!!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2010-08-20 12:34, mtpascoe wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-14 22:11, Magic Monkichi wrote:

Just my few thoughts.

Yes he did. Here is the that program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bqjSjizGvo

I love his card work. I saw him on tv years ago doing his full card act. My dad was stunned when Sylvan produced cards from his clenched fist. After seeing my dads reaction to it, I had to learn it. It took me many years to find the correct way, but I put it into my card manipulation act because of Sylvan.

Then you should at least spell his name correctly - Silvan.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Sorry. My fingers accidentally type the Sylvan learning school instead of the magician Silvan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadow vision (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL