The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Multiplying soap bubbles (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Does anyone use multiplying soap bubbles in their show? I got a set recently and I came up with a routine that I'm excited about. I'll be testing it out at a birthday party later this month.

The only thing is that if the routine goes over well and becomes part of the show I'll need a much better set than I have now (Fantasma), is pretty fragile, but it really does look like soap bubbles, unlike the (for example) very nice looking silicone sets.
What doe you guys use?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Please let me know how you go on with the bubbles in your shows, I too would like to add this, I saw a guy in spain last week making huge balloons with 2 sticks and a rope.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I use the cheaper set, because they are clearer than the silicone set, even if you happen to get the seam where they are joined showing most kids don't care, the hard thing with that set is keeping them in place, they are slick!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
They are slick. I've scratched the routine for this upcoming show and I'm doing a multiplying balls routine instead (fakini). I tested the routine for several adults and had good reactions and some kids liked it, but it involves singing and if I loose the kids attention I can't really do anything but keep singing. I think I'll test it out in a library show at some point, in a mixed age group setting I'll be able to judge the reactions without risking the show.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
I have the Fantasma multiplying soap bubbles, I uses them in my kids shows, and they work well even for adults. When I have adults in the audience, I patter briefly about how as a child everything seems like magic, even in the simplest of kids toys: bubbles. I invite the audience to think back to what is was like to be a kid, and then switch into a mostly silent manipulation routine with the soap bubbles. When I'm doing the routine for kids, My lead in is different, and I have more audience involvement.

By the way, does anyone happen to know who first invented the soap bubble routine, I remember seeing it years ago for sale, but I don't remember who sold it.

Cheers,
Matt Martin
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
This is an old post but I just got the Fantasma set.
I don't like the seams around the circumference of the plastic bubbles.
Does anyone have a source for buying seamless balls? LOL
It could be acrylic, plastic, even glass. As long as the size is usable in the bottle and it looks similar to a real bubble.
Thanks,
Ihor
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I purchased clear marbles from the web site moonmarble.com for my multiplying bubble trick. They come in different sizes and an iridescent look like a bubble.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I THINK that the bubbles were first put out by Abbott's, more than a few years ago!

They MAY still stock them, Call Greg Bordner!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Thank you.
I'll look into it.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, Dan Ford wrote:
I purchased clear marbles from the web site moonmarble.com for my multiplying bubble trick. They come in different sizes and an iridescent look like a bubble.

Thanks for the info.
The bubbles looked great.
I only need 2 but the minimum order for the bubble size I need was 24. Then they wanted $11.25 for shipping.
I
Thanks for the suggestion.
Ihor
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Didn't Vernet also make a set of multiplying soap bubbles?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2014, Peter Cuddihy wrote:
Didn't Vernet also make a set of multiplying soap bubbles?

Yes!
I emailed one of the dealers and he responded, saying that the Vernet bubbles also have a seam around the circumference.
Ihor
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Thanks for the info.
I bought one that was 1".
I appreciate it.
Ihor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Multiplying soap bubbles (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL