The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Any Magician perform Knife Manipulation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks Oliver, that was of great help...

Found it on the ol' trusted youtube...

Great Routine btw...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
180 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
I think that presentation by Junge Junge is perhaps one of the best dagger head chest's I've seen, nice surprise ending as well.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
I never seen, but know street magician sonny holiday did a multipal knife productions...not sure if he used switchblades or butterfly knives...ask jimmy talksalot...he may know.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Jason Baney and Kevin James both do knife manip.Any flip stick move can be done with a knife.I teach Balisong knife as part of my Fillipin Martial
Arts class.www.fcskali.com Switchblades are not illegal in South Caorolina.It is a state by state thing.Cordially,Howard Vanderbeck
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
Never seen it...
but if colour changing knife,joe mogar performed it
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Pakar, this is probably not what you are looking for, but in his book on knife manipulation, Mr. Merrill mentions several times that a nice manipulation routine could be added to the color changing knives effects by adapting cigarette sleights such as you might find in the Encyclopedia by Keith Clark. I think Lawrence O has made the same suggestion in several threads on the color changing knives, as well. The effects are probably not grand enough for the stage. Another source might be John Rogers's cigar manipulation routines.

Hope this helps!

Woland
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2010-08-17 16:35, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
None at all then?

Many years ago, I was doing a play and was required to vanish a bowie knife, huge and sharp. I did a flip stick vanish then slid the knife blade up into a pocket.
12 shows, no cuts, and the cast nor the audience knew how it was done.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I do remember recently seeing a floating sword effect. The guy did some flourishes first then had this excaliber type sword float.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Any Magician perform Knife Manipulation? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL