The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Final Load Balls by Goshman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
984 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Just wondering if anyone has these and comment on them:

http://murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=46262

Thanks
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Stiff density and 2" sounds like a cat's toy.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Most of the stiff foam "cat toys" I have seen have been smaller than that -- about 1.65 inches in diameter. The cat toys also show up in sporting good shops as practice golf balls.

The advantage of these is that they wouldn't talk. But a 2 inch ball isn't very large.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Anyone know what "dimensional" weight is?

Quote:
This product has a dimensional weight greater than its weight and will increase the shipping estimate.

Obviously it is greater than real weight.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The post office has a way of charging people who send large, lightweight objects through the mail an extra amount of money because of the size of the package.

There are some limits on this, but let's say you decide to send a case of ping pong balls through the mail. It may weigh only a pound or two. But it will take up the same amount of room as a box that contains about 15 pounds or so of normal balls. So the post office regains the payment for the lost space by charging you for the amount of room that the box occupies. They figure that a box a certain size should weigh a certain amount (or more). So they charge you that amount rather than the amount a lighter package would normally cost to send.

Of course, you could simply google "dimensional weight," and you would find all of this out.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
My apologies.

I didn't google it because I thought it was just made up by the seller.

I am a literal guy when it comes to terms. "Dimensional weight" is not weight at all.

I learn something new every day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Final Load Balls by Goshman (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL