The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So what did your Great Granddads do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
On my mom's side, her dad's dad was a coal miner and later a butcher. Her mom's dad was a postman and a carpenter. Still trying to get info on my dad's side.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Happy Hank
View Profile
New user
Winnemucca, NV
34 Posts

Profile of Happy Hank
My Great Grandfathers were a Miner and the other was a paper hanger than was hung after he stole a horse (no pun intended). My grandfather was a grave digger that died from alcohol posioning and his work donated a grave HE dug.

HH
brangwinj
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of brangwinj
An Iowa farmer with 10 farms but he had 10 children so that got divided up .
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Mother's side: German count or earl or something like that, kinda think he didn't do much anything but went hunting and looked bored in his mansion somewhere.

Father's side: Sailor on freighters.

Two very different worlds...
Sent from my Typewriter
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
On my mothers side one of my great dads was a silversmith with his own silver mark and we have Silver Claret Jug made him. So now I am missing one great father so I will have find out what he did to have the full set. Quite difficult when they come from another country. Not that Scotland is far away from me but its that the system is different up there as they use both surnames names of mother and father on the BCs.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
My great-grandfather was a burly Russian man with a bit of a reputation. Story goes, he choked a Cossack to death. Before he could be arrested and executed, his friends dressed him up as a woman and snuck him out on a boat one night where he fled to Canada.

As for vocation...that I don't know, but I think that story is far more interesting anyway. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So what did your Great Granddads do? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL