The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » YAIM by Jerome Finley & Bill Montana (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Ok, I got the green light to go ahead and post the effect as it is -

Imagine a person thinking of a card, no writing down, no CMR, no Equivoque.

You tell them that you can dematerialize that card out of a deck, in a closed case, which stands on a table, untouched by you.

Then you offer them some options... like, if you are in a house, want they their thought of card appearing under the flower vase, behind a painting, in the kitchen drawer?... Mind you, those are only suggestions! They can decide almost any place they want.

They tell you the place...

Now you do your magic! Smile

And only now they tell you which card they thought of. At this point you simply direct them to the place they have chosen and in that very place they'll find their thought of card.

Devilish secrets (plural) at work! Bill and Jerome really created something unique.

Expect limited release and high price!

But it's worth every penny if not even more!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
marklock
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of marklock
Hmmm. Sounds like real magic. I'll start rounding up the stray cats required for each performance. Smile
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Trust me, I first saw it performed by someone (a prominent Mentalist here) which I won't name...

And it plays exactly as I did describe above.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
This is a must for serious students in Mentalism.

Thanks J and Bill for this amazing work of art.

Don't try to fish or guess the method... because you can't!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Sounds very interesting... Looking forward to this one!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I hope they remove one section of the manuscript - because it deserves to be released as a stand-alone..., but really, I just get a bit too giggly to perform this much since I've read it...

You know what I mean? when you read or watch something and it all falls into place? And you find yourself laughing like a lunatic...
I've asked to be banned
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
Well, I'm not a card guy, so if the principles behind YAIM can be adapted to a NONcard situation, that would be wonderful!
With so few copies to be made available, where can I get in on this great sounding effect? A waiting list someplace?
Ordinarily, just reading descriptions is not very satisfying, but given some of the names involved with this, (Jerome! Bill C! LOTH!), I'm starting to allow myself to have some wonderful daydreams! Any more hints of performance from the audience's viewpoint would be appreciated. (I swear I'm not fishing!)
Thanks!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
In the proper performance conditions, I think this routine can dazzle the audience.

Regards,
Mike
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-08-18 18:57, insight wrote:
In the proper performance conditions, I think this routine can dazzle the audience.

Regards,
Mike

Mike,

Did you get a preview copy, too?

If so, come on man, you know it's more than just "dazzling"... Smile

If you were not given a preview copy, then forgive my comment...

I was just wondering how much you knew about this Finley-Montana little jewel!

Brane,

What to say more than a certain BC performed that effect for me and others? You know who that BC may be... Right?
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
How come everyone is getting review copies of this...? I'm feeling left out. Smile
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Quote:
How come everyone is getting review copies of this...? I'm feeling left out.

yeah no kidding!
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Wait, Luke and Brandon... I only know of myself, Bob Cassidy, Tony Razzano and other three guys who got the advanced preview copy.

No more... Except, maybe, for Insight (Mike)... Which I am not clear from his post above if he spoke out of knowledge or just commented on how he felt about this effect... I know he will honestly tell us which of the two it is.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Paolo, my comment is based on info I received from Jerome and Bill through private messages. I didn't realize dazzle was not a strong word Smile Fine, this will destroy audiences! Smile I'm excited about this innovation coming from two great minds in our art.

Regards,
Mike
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Mike,

I think - especially if this can be coupled in ANY WAY with YOUR upcoming prediction - that DESTROYING is the most appropriate term here.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2010-08-18 19:09, Luke Shield wrote:
How come everyone is getting review copies of this...? I'm feeling left out. Smile

We all are, but sometimes it is nice to be left out. Ive come to grips with the idea that I cant and don't need to know everything. However after saying that I would like to know this one. Smile
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Are there any new ideas in this routine that can be applied in a different way with a different effect?

I don't doubt the method is amazing, but the plot doesn't seem very exciting.

what I mean is, I can think of at least 5 ways off the top of my head how I would achieve this experience for an audience.(not that they are great or can fool everyone) but other than this having a diabolically clever method to achieve such an experience, is there anything of value in this effect or method that could be used in a different plot or routine other than a thought of card vanishing and appearing in a named location?
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Paolo,

When you say a high price, what're we talkin' here?

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Not my right to tell.

PM Bill or Jerome. Smile
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Also as it stands does the plot not sound very 'magicky' rather than 'mental'? I appreciate the 'mental' perspective to it but the stand alone effect seems to be more like magic, I imagine that this is just the bare bone effect though and lots of other suggestions will be given in the manuscript, it does sound very exciting.

I obviously have no idea of the method from the description alone (nor will I fish) but how about an effect with photos instead of cards, a participant mentally thinks of two photographs and then decides on one being the killer and one the victim, this is later confirmed by having the photograph and details in the correct 'killer' and 'victim' envelope on the table.

Jamie.

EDIT: I appreciate this probably isn't using the full scope of where the thought of card can appear but rather more subtly using it to position it in the correct envelope (rather than envelope I am actually picturing a simple manilla folder possibly with paper clip to give the right ambience).
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Jayp,

Then you probably don't know that Rol and Geller (to name just two people) teleported thought-of objects as proof of their psychic powers.

As for other uses of the principles behind this... Jerome himself has stated somewhere that one could use other objects rather than playing cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » YAIM by Jerome Finley & Bill Montana (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL