The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Spoon Bending (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 19:19, LawMystic wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-24 16:04, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Banachek, Patrik Kuffs, Mark Walker, Ben Harris, Guy Bavli, all of them have excellent stuff related to key and silverware bending.

and Alain Nu.

Alain WHO? ... Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Sorry,post deleted. I think I need to start a different thread for this post.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
Quote:
On 2010-08-20 07:47, Eshla wrote:

If you want to take it to the next level, and really annoy the sceptics, then invest money in Coinvexed 2.0 (£80) or even better yet Quantum Bender 2.0 ($500)!

These are excellent coin benders, which bend signed coins. This is a good way of taking it up a step in my opinion; but deffinetly start with the DVDs.

Tom
xx

While I can't comment on the above products I wouldn't recommend buying them. I use a far less magical tool to bend my coins. A common vice. I bend up about £5 of 10p's at a time and then switch them in. Marc Spelmann has a couple of nice routines for doing this on his DVD set. Plus the whole set is about £50 where one bender will cost you £80. 4 DVD's or one bender hmm... no contest in my mind.

As for spoons then the Banachek DVD is great if you can get past Jerry and his silly acting lol.

Dan
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Heres a challenge for you. See the reaction difference!

Try using a s***h and then try using Quantum Bender 2.0 (prefrably), the difference is amazing. People ask to see the coin and check its real, because they know its been signed and is the same coin. There is a big difference in the reaction.
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

I'll look out for a QB 2.0 going cheap. In return I challenge you to use the method described on Chapter 4 of Spelmann's DVD's. We can compare notes.

Dan
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
I must be forced to admit that I do not have Spelmann's DVD. Whats it like, effects etc?

I have never used QB 2.0 myself, but I have used Coinvexed. I am told QB is easier, but that is besides the point for gauging the audiance reaction. The reaction was always far strong with the signing of the coin, and it also allowed you to do more audiance banter:

"Just put your initials on the coin, and you can make a nice pretty picture on the other side if you like, just to make sure that's your coin; just don't draw anything rude please, you'd be amazed at the number of guys who draw their ***."

Tom
xx
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
How about we talk about mentalism. So instead of talking about gimmicks and methods...let's discuss presentation (that's what mentalism is)! What's your presentation like eshla?
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

It is off topic but I swear by the DVD set. So much high quality material on them.

Dan
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 19:49, Cozmo D wrote:
How about we talk about mentalism. So instead of talking about gimmicks and methods...let's discuss presentation (that's what mentalism is)! What's your presentation like eshla?

I agree... seems that a few are going in the wrong direction in learning mentalism.

Ray
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
That's exactly right Ray.

Still no response to my question to eshla? Surely you have a presentation for your bending ability?
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
My presentation is that:

"What you are about to see is not supernatural, but if I am honest it is not ENTIERLY trickery either. I would never claim ofcourse that aliens or Gods have given me some strange powers, but there is a lot of practise and work that goes into the mental effort of bending metal without physical force, and this dates back centuries."

that's a VERY breif summary, but you get the idea. This is a good explanation for my charecter.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
To me PK and spoon bending stuff are not the heart of mentalism. I am more impressed by mind reading routines.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Eshla,

Sounds like you have disclaimers mixed up with presentations. A sure sign that you still need to listen to those who walked before you.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
I have used the QB and it's great, I have so many different stories about metal bending, coins, spoons, forks etc.. Most often I use a S....H as it fits with my style.. I present metal bending as a live demonstration on what some believe is real, some believe is trickery but none the less everyone has heard about it..

I don't claim anything but neither do I deny anything. Again it's my style to be vague and non descriptive about most things I do, the abilities I may or may not have and the techniques I may or may not be using..

Ben Earls 'Skin' is a great piece in that so much happens around the actually bending.. I have even at times failed to bend a spoon or coin on purpose to add to the idea that it's not easy. Obviously in the right situations, not good to do for the main booker who's paying the money..

QB and having a signed coin can make a difference, brief but true story..
At a huge wedding, performing for a lovely couple, borrow a coin and ask her to sign it, she does. Then I perform my handling of QB which is not bad even if I say so myself..
Coin is bending visually for them both as two other chaps walk up and start to watch. I finish and walk away. Later the lovely lady says 'Those two guys were trying to work out how you bent the coin and were convinced you must of just switched it, when I told them I signed it before, they were stumped.'

So in short there is something in having the coin signed at times but at others it would turn an organic happening into a 'magic' moment with signings etc. I have a bend that happens in a glass that is held by a spectator which is totally isolated from me and my sneaky hands. I never have the coin signed in this routine as it detracts from organic 'lets try something' feel.

I highly recommend anything by the following artists, authors:

Banachek
Osterlind
Patrick Kuffs
Ben Harris
Guy Bavli
Ben Earl
Andrew Gerrard
Ted Lesley
Alain Nu

Best MS
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 17:56, Cozmo D wrote:
Eshla,

Sounds like you have disclaimers mixed up with presentations. A sure sign that you still need to listen to those who walked before you.

I don't, that was me trying to sumarise both presentation and disclaimers in one paragraph.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Quote:
I have a bend that happens in a glass that is held by a spectator which is totally isolated from me and my sneaky hands. I never have the coin signed in this routine as it detracts from organic 'lets try something' feel.

Crickey! I want to see that!? Where can I see it? Video? DVD? Sounds good ;p
LawMystic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of LawMystic
Quote:
On 2010-09-02 07:44, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 19:49, Cozmo D wrote:

I agree... seems that a few are going in the wrong direction in learning mentalism.
Ray

I thought whoever knows the most tricks wins. You mean its presentation? Holy cow. Next you will tell us that talented presenters are more entertaining than trick mongers.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Eshla

That's what you call a presentation!!??
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I think that when it comes to PK, sometimes it can be considerably more powerful to step down on the spoken presentation and scripting and look at the choreography. Silence can be unbelievably powerful when used correctly.

I'll not say that I don't have a presentation for my metal bending, but it is very minimalist, I think its just as painful to watch when something is over scripted as when it's under scripted.

Best,

DC
http://the1914.com
The Shadow Wallet // Revelations // The Art Of Stagecraft // Osmo // Cocktail - All now available @ The 1914.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
One or two of my fingers blister up after a coin bends...its only natural...

all that heat...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Spoon Bending (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL