The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOOSH (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Roman
Im just glad people are enjoying it.

Not that there is anything wrong with pre-sales(nothing at all),or coming soon adverts,i decided to wait until it was complete and ready for shipping before giving any info about Toosh,which in this case I have been very pleased with the results. Smile

You can never please everyone,even though that is always my goal.

Thank you and everyone else for your kind words and support,

Steve
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
http://www.vimeo.com/14339396

This demo is the same,but the tic-tac-dough performance is extended.

If interested,you can scroll to about the 38 second mark to save some time.

Steve
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3975 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I'm too lazy to battle through the other 5 pages. How is the reset? Is this suitable for walk-around? I love Casanova Inc. What are the advantages of this over CI?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Why not just call it arse.... you all thought it
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I liked the tuchus idea! Very cute - Norewegian would be Rumpa...

"Bare sitte pĺ rumpa"
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On 2010-09-22 10:35, emyers99 wrote:
I'm too lazy to battle through the other 5 pages. How is the reset? Is this suitable for walk-around? I love Casanova Inc. What are the advantages of this over CI?

Instant reset. The gimmick is self contained and well camouflaged. You're only bad angle is if someone was looking up from below you (depending on routine). Very suitable for walk-around since it packs as small as carrying a few business cards can pack.

Here is my favourite part of your question, the advantages over CI:

For Casanova, you're restricted to where the spectator can sign the card, this is a big drawback and makes the handling a bit unnatural (even though you could justify it but it still feels off). Casanova also requires a bit more handling in order to hide the gimmick. Another drawback of Casanova is that you really can't show just two business cards in play due to the way the gimmick is constructed. The last point is that to perform something like a card to impossible location, the handling is definitely not as streamlined and direct as Toosh is. As far as worker's effects goes, this ranks amongst the best since it fills all the criteria for a good, commercial, and strong effect. Easy handling, instant reset, spectator's signatures, pretty much no heat on you, and you end up handing out business cards.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
736 Posts

Profile of dduane
Steve....this is too good - just got it, and Ditto to all the positive remarks! Practical walkaround magic at it's best.

Bravo!

DDuane

(PM'd you with a couple of questions)
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
A worker's dream!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3975 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks kissdadookie! Your answers were very helpful.
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of ventman
This is really a treat. I laughed at how wickedly deceptive this was during the explanation portion of the DVD. This will live in my pocket for years to come. Thanks for releasing it, Steve.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
That brings back some memories! Smile

A ZZTOP Classic...

S
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Okay, seriously,
I don't have Toosh yet, however with this many positive remarks, It is going into my next magic store checkout cart. Can't wait.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Whoa!! Ya gotta love ZZ! I've never heard so much sound come out of three guys! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I shall put a review up for this soon in the Tricks section Smile
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Reviews and demo is too good and I carry way too many business cards. I ran out to Tannen's and bought a copy. Supporting my local magic shop!
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Quote:
On 2010-09-23 00:52, kissdadookie wrote:
I shall put a review up for this soon in the Tricks section Smile

Thanks for the wonderful review.
Really makes it all worth it,
S
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
NYCJoe:

I actually found some extra material from something else I had lying around and thus made two sets of the gimmicks. One for my 9-5 job business cards and one for my magic entertainment cards Smile

Stev:

Just keep on releasing great products my friend and the positive feedback shall flow like wine.
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Ok, ok! Toosh is everything that everyone is saying! It's clever, instant reset, you won't get caught with the gimmick and the dirty work is done way ahead of time. Minimal sleight skills required, not even approaching a DL, so don't go there. This is a tried and true worker that literally has endless possibilities. Oddly enough, using the toosh is my least favorite discovery location. But your imagination is the limit. Thanks Steve for releasing this! It's awesome!
Ken Lam
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Lam
Okay. I don't know what happened to Penguin's shipping method...

I place my order on Monday (Sept 20th). I live in Canada (Montreal),and it usually takes 2 weeks to arrive for the cheapest shipping method (it seems to me that there's only 1 option for shipping to Canada now) . But hey, I got it 4 days after! Gotta love Penguin Magic!

Okay, back to TOOSH. When I opened the package, I have no idea what I can do with the things included.

After watching the gimmick-construction portion of the DVD, I have to say that the idea is brilliant. Yet, I was still skeptical about the fact that the audience might notice the gimmick when they handle it. BUT I WAS SO WRONG. The audience never even have the chance to touch the gimmick! In your face!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOOSH (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL