The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOOSH (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
A well deserved 10 out of 10 from visions Smile

GREAT EFFECT!

Mike
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1413 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I had the same suprise from Penguin Magic.I live in Canada and received my stuff in...2 days.I fell on my ...toosh!!!

It is now my number one magic provider!

Quote:
On 2010-09-24 23:43, Ken Lam wrote:
Okay. I don't know what happened to Penguin's shipping method...

I place my order on Monday (Sept 20th). I live in Canada (Montreal),and it usually takes 2 weeks to arrive for the cheapest shipping method (it seems to me that there's only 1 option for shipping to Canada now) . But hey, I got it 4 days after! Gotta love Penguin Magic!

Okay, back to TOOSH. When I opened the package, I have no idea what I can do with the things included.

After watching the gimmick-construction portion of the DVD, I have to say that the idea is brilliant. Yet, I was still skeptical about the fact that the audience might notice the gimmick when they handle it. BUT I WAS SO WRONG. The audience never even have the chance to touch the gimmick! In your face!
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
[quote]On 2010-10-03 18:20, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
I had the same suprise from Penguin Magic.I live in Canada and received my stuff in...2 days.I fell on my ...toosh!!!

It is now my number one magic provider!

[quote]
They are now shipping by Fedex, so you can expect a bill in the mail from Fedex for additional handling charges. Gotta ask them why they have stopped using USPS. Anyway, back on topic...looks like a great trick.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3417 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I like the possibilities of TOOSH but my only disappointment is that the gimmick is very small. Those who have it will know what I mean. It restricts the size of the drawing. It looks quite small even on a business card. I believe a slightly larger version would enhanse the entire look of it. I'll be looking to increase the gimmicks size before taking it to the streets so to say. Nice thinking though and am pleased with it
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Actually you can make the gimmick pretty large. don't be fooled by the size of its "other half".

Look at my business card ... my gimmic k is the size of the full logo in the box.

This does require a tiny bit more "futzing" to make it right but in practice it goes totally unnoticed.

Click here to view attached image.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
You can make larger drawings with ease.

It's easy to assume that's not the case,but I have drawn a full aces of spades on a small business card.
Look at the ace effect again and it may help it sink in,as it's very easy. Smile

PM me if needed.

Best,
Steve
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
735 Posts

Profile of dduane
Steve - Just love Toosh - as do my customers. It has a WOW facter bigger than most things I do. It gave me that sense of wonder that magicians get less and less these days when I first saw it.
I have a question on other locations that might me better as a PM, so I PM'd you.

Great effect!

Dennis D.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Dennis,
Thrilled your using Toosh and getting great reactions.
I sent you a pm with two handlings,and the Mystery Card(Hammon inspired) routine,you could do in the nude and the whole routine uses just the business cards and a sharpi.
Pluse,it's even simpler.
If your spectator(s) has two hands to help,your good to go.
A little change in the structure and a simple motion,keeps it sleight free.
Hope you like it!

Steve
magicbrady
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of magicbrady
Steve,

This is one of the most imaginative effects that I have purchased in years. Very creative! I am wondering if it is possible to purchase extra "gimmicks" anywhere? I would love to have multiples for creating different effects.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
735 Posts

Profile of dduane
Steve -
Thanks again! I will trying these ideas tonight.

D
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1885 Posts

Profile of Platt
I think this looks great. I'm kicking myself because I've played around a lot with what I assume is the main principle at play but never got around to cementing a routine. But it appears Steve took it even further. Anyhow, my order is in, and I look forward to receiving this.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Steve's routine is great. In fact, as he presents it, its a real magician fooler.

I abbreviate it a bit when performing for laymen, leaving out one "proover" that makes it a magician stumper but is a bit tricky to manage in my modified setup and doesn't seem to effect how it plays to laymen any.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks everyone.

Platt..Hope you like it and I'm sure you will come up with many ideas with it on your own.

S
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Steve it's lovely and the fact that it resets is a winner for any strolling magician and leaves business cards with the spectators.. I've already thought of a mentalism approach with it which I'll share with you when I get time to road test it..

I'm just about to have my new business card designed so will consider this and any adjustments I can make to the card.. Your Casanova effect on Paul Harris project was a real high light for me..

For the record I've never met Steve or have any reason to say this is good other than it being good..

M
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks Marc,i was hoping you would like it.

Looking forward to what you come up with!

S
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On 2010-11-28 19:45, Marc Spelmann wrote:
Steve it's lovely and the fact that it resets is a winner for any strolling magician and leaves business cards with the spectators.. I've already thought of a mentalism approach with it which I'll share with you when I get time to road test it..

I'm just about to have my new business card designed so will consider this and any adjustments I can make to the card.. Your Casanova effect on Paul Harris project was a real high light for me..

For the record I've never met Steve or have any reason to say this is good other than it being good..

M

I really hope you can share the mentalism approach with the rest of us when it´s ready. That would be a nice add on to my Toosh:-)
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4090 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Same here, can't wait to see what Mr. Spelmann comes up with!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1885 Posts

Profile of Platt
I've had some time to play around with this but haven't yet performed it for anyone. My initial feeling is that it's the smartest, most clever trick I've bought in a long time. That said, there are some things that are frustrating about it. For one, the gimmick is not exactly something that will last forever. You'll likely have to reconstruct gimmicks more often than you'd care to. After all, it's a paper business card. There are also some issues with performance. Let's just say it's not automatic and there will always be a risk of exposure (in my experience) if you don't first peek at the card (steve explains this). I've also had some small 'matching' issues with certain aspects of the gimmick that I actually noticed on the video instruction as well. Those who own this will understand what I'm saying. Another small complaint is that this is probably something you don't want to be carrying around in your wallet on a daily basis. Again, those who own it will understand. These practicality problems aside, it really is ridiculously clever and probably the cleanest signed card to impossible location you could ask for. I'll report back after I've actually performed it for someone. I have no doubt it will fry badly.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
735 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi - I've been using this at my restaurant gig (4 nights a week) for about a month. The gimmick has held up pretty well, but you do need to replace it when it gets worn. I haven't had any exposure so far, but you do have to use a presentation that will work for the situation. Sometimes the conditions where the person is sitting are not the best. But there a alternative presentations - like a prediction card - that work well. Under the seat gets the best reactions. The spectator does not have to be standing then sitting for this to work, but you will need more misdirection. PM me if you have questions - maybe I can help. I love Toosh - I will try some different ideas with this concept when I get some time. It has potential.

Dennis
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I too am very impressed with Toosh. However, I encountered one major problem with the effect. I am artistically disabled. After going through a couple of dozen business cards trying to draw two decent looking smiley faces, I figured out how to get around my handicap.

After much searching I found 1000 3/4 inch heart stickers on Ebay for $7.50 postpaid.
After much additional searching I found sets of 80 one inch smiley faces selling for $1.99 at http://www.shopwiki.com/Smiley+Face+Stic......00/roll) , the fifth item down the page. I ordered three sets of these for $5.97 plus $5.-- postage. When they arrive I will stick them to my business cards about two dozen at a time. I will then be able to perform the trick without worrying about my lack of artistic ability.

I would like to contact Steve Haynes directly to get permission to sell gimmick kits for Toosh. I assembled my own after I could not find any for sale on the WWW. To execute all the routines on the DVD requires more than one set of gimmicks. It took a little experimenting to find exact matches for the gimmicks that come with the effect.

If Steve would prefer, he can email me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOOSH (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL