The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOOSH (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Yes, it shipped today as planned (within one business day of processing). Let us know if you need anything else, my friend.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14059 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I will. looking forward to receiving this.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2010-08-31 17:40, Jeff_Mash wrote:
Yes, it shipped today as planned (within one business day of processing). Let us know if you need anything else, my friend.

MJM and his team is just fantastic.

Always my first choice.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Just received my copy! Smile I'll give a short review once I perform this, I'm loving what I'm seeing so far Smile

Paul
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14059 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Looking forward to your review!
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
694 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
I want to see a full effect in person hopefully I'll get a shot when I visit my shop. I am not liking the demo, at least for now, with the glide looking move. Am I alone on this? It seems like it isn't that powerful but I might be missing something.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 02:17, Piz wrote:
Just received my copy! Smile I'll give a short review once I perform this, I'm loving what I'm seeing so far Smile

Paul

Paul, looking forward to your thoughts on this!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Rockthemike, trust me, when you see the full routine, it will all become clear. It's very clever and very powerful as it seems completely impossible.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1100 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
It's not a glide move. I thought that at first until I saw it only uses 2 cards.

I received this yesterday & I don't often praise methods but this one is rather nice. The effect(s)primarily uses business cards which I don't have as I'm not a working pro but you can use blank playing cards & the effect plays the same. The main routine is easy to do.

I'm yet to try this out so I won't mention what I think might be a stumbling block as it may not be an issue, but it's really my only concern. I also need to watch the DVD again as I'm unsure how any other impossible location can be acheived apart from the one in the title. I could have missed this first time round though so don't take that as fact.

The red / black ace transpo however I did not like. This is not performed signed & IMO has an overly suspicious show which I doubt would fly in the real world.

Despite that I feel I must finish on a high with Steve's idea here. It's one of those nice, simple ideas that make you kick yourself for not thinking of it first. I actually have another effect that uses a similar method so I've kicked myself twice. There are also a few other variations on the DVD which do hold water so you're not limited to the main routine at all. And its instant reset so ideal for all you table hoppers.

Overall I give this effect a sturdy 7 out of 10. Once I see what reactions it gets that could creep up another notch.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14059 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 04:59, rockthemike wrote:
I want to see a full effect in person hopefully I'll get a shot when I visit my shop. I am not liking the demo, at least for now, with the glide looking move. Am I alone on this? It seems like it isn't that powerful but I might be missing something.

I don't know. The glide has been used successfully for decades....
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3941 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Is this a Casanova Inc. update?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14059 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What's Casanove inc?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3941 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Disc 3 from the Paul Harris True Astonishment set.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14059 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'll have to check to see if it's in the AOA books, which have all three of.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6951 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It's not in the books.

Yes, the move is not a glide.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3941 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Definitely not a glide if it's the same or updated version of the Casanova Inc. It's quite clever actually, perfect for leaving them with your business cards Smile

As Cameron mentioned, it's not in the books. It's on disc 3 of the True Astonishment DVD box set put out by Paul Harris about a year or two ago if memory serves me right.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14059 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Well, I suppose I won't cry. There is enough material in those three books alone to keep me busy for a long, looooong time.
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
694 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Thanks guys. I knew it wasn't a glide I was just referring to the seemingly unmotivated nature of turning the packet over. I'll have to check this out further. Possibly take the plunge!
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2298 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok... I have been working with this for several days... Complete rubbish! With cards...cuz there are so many obvious card applications with this... But try it with paper money! Now that is cool! It plays so well... Those of you that have Toosh... You will understand... You each use a ten dollar bill (in my routine) You explain "currency exchange". Have her draw a dollar bill sign... You draw a British pound sign... Of course the way I do it... Well it is not exactly PC... But it is a LOT of fun... Anyway... Get off yer tush and get Toosh... It has a lotta potential.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14059 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 19:14, Doomo wrote:
Complete rubbish! With cards...cuz there are so many obvious card applications with this...

I don't understand. If there are a lot of ways to apply it to cards, then why is it rubbish with cards?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOOSH (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL