The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for Cups and Balls Suggestions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Any chance you can get to a brick/mortar shop? And/or have some friends with cups sets come to a club meeting so you can touch/feel?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Great idea Pete. We have several clubs here is the Seattle area. I'll ping some of the guys and see what they can do for me.

Thanks,
Tom

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 1:44pm
Does anyone have a link to or the dimensional stats on these cups?
Copper Princess 2 Cups by RNT2
Regards,
Silverthorne
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
Except for the saddle, these are basically copies of the Sherwood cups. They'll take three 1 1/8" balls nested in the saddle and a tennis ball for a final load. Do you need more specific stats than that?

I own Princess 2 cups, but I wouldn't if I didn't also own Sherwood cups. In fact, I own three sets of Sherwood cups and am on the list for a set of engraved cups as well. Just my opinion, but if you aren't trying to collect a variety of sets, it's best to buy the Sherwood cups because Brett designed these cups and changing the saddle a little bit doesn't really change the fact that it's Sherwood's design.
Magic is where you find it.....
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
SEATTLE? Hey I used to work the races at Kent a lot... BTW... Master Payne is in your area... look for him, he's great with cups & balls.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Interesting. I can hear the cars racing from my house in Kent. I'll see if I can locate "Master Payne". Thanks Pete.

Hi Doug,
I looked at the Sherwood cups. The look impressive. The price isn't all that bad either. He mentions that they are "heavy". Any comment on that?

Tom

Quote:
On 2010-08-26 13:57, dhouck wrote:
Except for the saddle, these are basically copies of the Sherwood cups. They'll take three 1 1/8" balls nested in the saddle and a tennis ball for a final load. Do you need more specific stats than that?

I own Princess 2 cups, but I wouldn't if I didn't also own Sherwood cups. In fact, I own three sets of Sherwood cups and am on the list for a set of engraved cups as well. Just my opinion, but if you aren't trying to collect a variety of sets, it's best to buy the Sherwood cups because Brett designed these cups and changing the saddle a little bit doesn't really change the fact that it's Sherwood's design.
Regards,
Silverthorne
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
My copper Sherwood cups weigh 6.6 ounces each. Each one weighs the same.

My copper Princess 2 cups weigh 6.0 oz, 6.2 oz, and 6.5 oz.

I guess technically, I own two sets of copper Sherwood cups. I have a silver plated set as well. They weigh 6.2 oz, 6.6 oz and 6.7 oz.

It's not unusual for cups in a set to weigh in at slightly different weights.

Brett Sherwood lowered the price recently on his copper and brass cups from $425 to $300. I think it's a great price.

Dale
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Me too. I'm waiting for a reply on availability of his combo set. So you figure that's a good fighting weight for cups?

Tom
Regards,
Silverthorne
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The greatest thing about Brett's cups is that all the sets weigh just about the same. 6.6 ounces is an excellent weight for a cup.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I agree with Bill, 6.6 oz is an excellent weight.

I will also mention, since you're looking at combo cups, the new Foxy III cups from RNT2 are great. They weigh just slightly less than the Sherwood cups and my set will only take three 1" balls for the nest instead of three 1 1/8", but I'm super pleased with them. I think you'll find that both Brett Sherwood and Donnie Buckley at RNT2 are great to work with.

Have fun deciding!

Dale
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks allot Bill. The price for his combo set is very reasonable.

Nice to be chatting over Bill and Dale.

Sorry, I couldn't resist... maybe I should have tried harder.
Regards,
Silverthorne
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
66 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
Hey - just thought I'd throw in here. I would highly recommend spending some time on rtt2.com site to get a feel for cup sizes, load capacities, weight, etc.

As far as dvds go, I would highly recommend going to themagicwarehouse.com - they have a deal right now you can get all three World's Greatest Magic DVDs for $50. Also, I would highly recommend the Ammar DVDs. I also like Tommy Wonder's two cup routine on DVD.

Rob
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thanks, Rob! That IS a good price. Magic Warehouse is a great company! The Ammar routine is one of the best. That is, next to the ol' Professor himself! LOL!

Doug
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks Rob. I actually just picked those three DVDs up at Penguin for $45 along with few others.

Tom

Quote:
On 2010-08-26 20:47, robbyrob wrote:
Hey - just thought I'd throw in here. I would highly recommend spending some time on rtt2.com site to get a feel for cup sizes, load capacities, weight, etc.

As far as dvds go, I would highly recommend going to themagicwarehouse.com - they have a deal right now you can get all three World's Greatest Magic DVDs for $50. Also, I would highly recommend the Ammar DVDs. I also like Tommy Wonder's two cup routine on DVD.

Rob
Regards,
Silverthorne
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Hey,

What about this guy's DVD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEYmGnK4K9g

I hear he's still selling it!

Seriously though, this is NOT a good routine to start with. Just kidding.

KG
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I know that guy. He stood right next to me during the whole WMS in 2009.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Hi Kent,

I just downloaded your routine and it is fantastic... not for beginners is right... I will be 50 on September 12th and my family have been asking what I want... so now I am going to get a set of cups 'n' balls, plus the rest of the paraphernalia needed to do this routine justice...

hope to be ready for the holiday season this year...

my favorite line in your booklet is "...The cups have to be very short in relationship to how big your balls are..."
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Bill,

Doing the cups and balls, standing next to the portion of the museum that was in LV, remains a huge highlight for me. I think Auke was to our right. It was a little piece of cups and balls heaven, for me. You were so very gracious. Thank you.

Tim, have fun with that thing. Watch out though, I hear the routine takes some practice to get up and going.

KG
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Donnie Buckley:

I have been and still am completely happy with both my Mendoza Combo set and my Monti SS Bells of St. Mary's cups....but.....I must say that that new set of Foxy3 Combos on your Website looks pretty tasty!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-08-27 11:28, kentfgunn wrote:
Bill,

Doing the cups and balls, standing next to the portion of the museum that was in LV, remains a huge highlight for me. I think Auke was to our right. It was a little piece of cups and balls heaven, for me. You were so very gracious. Thank you.

Tim, have fun with that thing. Watch out though, I hear the routine takes some practice to get up and going.

KG

Kent:

I enjoyed the whole thing immensely. It was a real hoot to have all of those folks looking at my toys!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Quote:
On 2010-08-26 18:36, dhouck wrote:
I agree with Bill, 6.6 oz is an excellent weight.

I will also mention, since you're looking at combo cups, the new Foxy III cups from RNT2 are great. They weigh just slightly less than the Sherwood cups and my set will only take three 1" balls for the nest instead of three 1 1/8", but I'm super pleased with them. I think you'll find that both Brett Sherwood and Donnie Buckley at RNT2 are great to work with.

Have fun deciding!

Dale

The Foxy 3 Cups do average 6.3 ounces each, but the Foxy 3 Combo Cups average 8 ounces each.

And thanks for noticing Rainboguy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for Cups and Balls Suggestions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL