The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Thanks God!!...33 Trapped Chile Miners Found Alive After 17 Days (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 17:01, balducci wrote:
I'm thinking this is a good set up for a movie. Miners trapped deep below ground, for 3+ months. It could work as a rescue drama, or as a horror. Nor would it surprise me if this has already been done.

Yep, it's been done. "My Bloody Valentine".
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Imagine the overtime....
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 17:13, MagicSanta wrote:
Imagine the overtime....

They're still on the clock.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Did you know the woman who plays the Israeli on NCIS ( by the way, NCIS wasn't like that when I was in the Navy) is from Chile?
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 16:56, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-25 14:03, kcg5 wrote:
It is possible the man upstairs had nothing to do with it. Just sayin'

It's also possible there is no man upstairs. Sounds like something Mulder should put in his filing cabinet.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

You forget to type something?
Douglas Lippert
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
He's a psychic....and using telepathy.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

He's not very good at it then.
Douglas Lippert
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-08-22 21:09, MagicSanta wrote:
Wonderful! If they were from Peru they would have eaten each other.

Everyone, go visit Chile...I love that place.

Your thinking of Chili's Restaurant. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I just realized...I'd not fit out and they'd leave me in there for a year!

If they want out in a week they should just announce they found gold, that hole would be done quicker 'n heck.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-08-26 00:33, MagicSanta wrote:
I just realized...I'd not fit out and they'd leave me in there for a year!

If they want out in a week they should just announce they found gold, that hole would be done quicker 'n heck.

Yea lots of gold it is laying all over here. I think you are right they would be out quickly.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Mining for Chili can be a very dangerous and difficult business. It doesn't come in cans, you know. Not in the wild.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Sounds like they'll be out soon ... some to face the heat ...

Some may elect to stay down below for just a while longer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew......ves.html

Trapped Chile miners emerge to fame, movie contracts - and angry wives

Several men have been revealed to have children by different women, and competing claims for their affections.

[The] wife and a woman who claimed to be the lover Yonni Barrios promised to marry only discovered that each other existed when both turned up at the vigil site with pictures of the trapped man.

[T]ensions at the surface spilled below ground at times. For a start, the miners had to choose the three relatives will meet them when they finally emerge - quite a challenge for men with large and sometimes duelling families.

"The fighting within the families and the domestic squabbles has actually been our greatest headache," Commander Andreas Llarena, a Chilean navy doctor leading the medical operations, told The Sunday Telegraph.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
A local radio station is having a contest to see who can live in the cab of a truck for the longest. Last guy in wins the truck. I'm pretty sure any of these miners could clean up.

Great news.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I think it is wonderful that my peeps are getting out. Congrats to the govt of Chile for realizing that the company that owned the mine was out of its league and within hours had contacted experts in the US and elsewhere to get the best equipment and people on the job. The main driller who got through to them was out of Denver. It should be fun to see the top scene though. Reminds me of when our ship would come back to the US and guys would see their wife and kids standing 20 feet from the fellows girlfriend and kids. Some guys would just stay on board and send others out to tell the ladies he was on duty and would catch up with them later than night!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4957 Posts

Profile of landmark
Anyone remember the Kirk Douglas movie, The Big Carnival? Folks are trapped in a mine and Douglas plays a cynical reporter who exploits the tragedy for ratings. Here's the trailer from the 1951 Billy Wilder movie, also called Ace in the Hole. Great stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2991849497/
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nice! Today journalist wouldn't do that, they prefer glueing babies to levees then hiring kids to dig on the dry side until they hit water.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-10-10 16:54, landmark wrote:
Anyone remember the Kirk Douglas movie, The Big Carnival? Folks are trapped in a mine and Douglas plays a cynical reporter who exploits the tragedy for ratings. Here's the trailer from the 1951 Billy Wilder movie, also called Ace in the Hole. Great stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2991849497/

I'll try and remember to check it out sometime. I guess this is off topic but, anyway, today I came across this mine movie:

Blind Shaft (2003)

Two Chinese coal miners have hit upon the perfect scam: murder one of their fellow mine workers, make the death look like an accident, and extort money from the boss to keep the incident hushed up. For their latest "mark," they choose a naive teenager from a small village, and as they prepare to carry out their newest plan, things start to get complicated...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0351299/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Thanks God!!...33 Trapped Chile Miners Found Alive After 17 Days (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL