The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Search the web and give to charity at the same time! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
There is a wonderful search engine called GoodSearch (powered by Yahoo search) that donates to YOUR favorite non-profit every time you do a search or shop at Amazon, Ebay and lots of other sites. Go to Goodsearch.com and download the toolbar--it costs you nothing and allows you to contribute to your favorite charity. My wife has hers set up for a "Y" camp, and I have mine set to a local public radio station. There are literally hundreds of non-profits to choose from, and you can send in suggestions, including your local public school.

In terms of usability, Goodsearch is absolutely no different from Yahoo or Google.

(Their business model is fascinating. Basically what they do is to act as a "click through site," and donate half the fees they receive from the advertisers to charity.)
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
Did I mention it costs you nothing?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks for telling me about this!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
Glad to oblige. Here's a link for y'all. Now it's easy-peasy:

http://www.goodsearch.com/

Remember it doesn't cost you a penny!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Search the web and give to charity at the same time! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL