The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolf's Magic (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Customer service is awesome! I needed an addition for repeat performances for one particular Wolf item and Chance had it done and shipped in a week.

Steve
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Personally, I would not buy one of Chances products unless I know I would use it a lot. If you know you will use it, then get it!

They are built and designed well, and dependable. I can't think of a vendor that has better quality - and you pay for it. They are not expensive if you use them a lot. They will out last the competition by a long shot. The graphics are far better than the standard magic prop, and his stuff is modern looking and more relatable than most.

I do generally do not use any one prop enough to need the quality he provides. Even then, because they hold their value (and sometimes inflate) I could resell them w/o too much problem, and have. Most of his props do not fit well with my type of show, but I am not the norm here.
magicguyri
View Profile
New user
RI
68 Posts

Profile of magicguyri
ABC Gumball is as good as it gets. Great prop; routine; value!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I am selling several Chance Props here on the Café if anyone is looking for:

Wacky Wakoon
ABC Gumball
Blow Yur Stack

Why am I selling them? I need the money for a Malloy Vanishing Radio All three of these props are brand new and never used in any magic shows.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I own several, and have owned more but decided to sell them. Some I sold because I needed the money and others because I couldn't find a way to make them fit my performing style. I still own the ABC Gumball Recombobulator, Chicken Sword, Pea Shoot and Groove Tube. I had his Run Wolf Run, and loved the mechanics and graphics, but couldn't personalize the routine enough to make it feel my own, so reluctantly sold it - others swear by it, so to each his own. Chance's customer service is second to none, his products are exceptionally well-made and creative, and they hold their value better than almost any other magic props - you simply can't go wrong with his products (assuming that they will fit your style).
magicguyri
View Profile
New user
RI
68 Posts

Profile of magicguyri
In the right hands, Wolf's stuff WILL make you look good. There is always a market for quality!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I have most of the Wolf Magic Catalog, and these are my most treasured props. Truthfully, there are several that I rarely, if ever, perform with. My Outhouse is really my favourite, and I keep it in my office, and take it out to demonstrate it occasionally, when I have house guests. The thought of selling any of them fills me with dismay, as I like to have my collection of props, ready for the time they might be needed.
Quality-wise, these props are high-end products for the working pro. Built to withstand the rigours of being constantly on the road, and designed by a professional cartoonist/magician (Chance).
A few of Wolf's products appear regularly in my shows, my Funhouse has seen at least 500 performances, maybe 1000, maybe more than that. It has worked perfectly every time, and withstands "inspection" from every kid that ever saw it. (I produce a skull and loads of lollipops, and the kids can have a lollipop - if they're brave enough to reach past the skull. This is pretty much the end of my 2 hour Birthday Party, every single kid grabs a lolly, and not ONE child has EVER discovered the secret!)
Other favourites are: The Flea, Chicken Sword, Groove Tube, Wacky Weasel (now the Wacky Wackoon), 4 1/2 of Spades, Cellulator, ABC, etc.
It's true that some Wolf's products seem to take longer to integrate into your show than other stuff. Whilst I put The Flea into my shows within a few days (I had the script ready and rehearsed before the prop even arrived, so it was just a question of learning the mechanics and technical parts of the routine), the Cellulator took a LONG time to come up with the right presentation for me - and "Kablammo" still sits in my workshop, only used biannually, as I'm STILL not happy with the final production. ("Kablammo" is perfect if you want to produce livestock, you could fit a dog in it!)
Wolf's Magic represents, to me at least, the change in approach to kids' entertainment, which has happened over the turn of the century. Chance is offering us props which appeal to kids visually and mentally. Some of the ideas are wonderful - after all, how can you beat burning a cellphone or a shoe?
In terms of magic history, I think it's certain that Wolf's props are keeping up with the times. Fancy Oriental boxes were perfect for the Victorians, in the days of Disneyworld, we need cartoon-style.
I have no real problems with any particular prop, though I do have two small criticisms of the Wolf's catalog:
1) There are really, too many card tricks.
2) I'd like to see more "ingenious" stuff, like perfectly made black art wells, magnetically attached servantes, etc (to give an example for a magic table). In other words, I think Chance's effects could sometimes be stronger - magically)(But, of course, most of the routines are just full of fun, and that's their strength.)
Any magician not finding a place in his show for at least one Wolf prop must be doing very well. If all your routines can beat the Wolf repertoire, your show is GOOD!
;)
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
351 Posts

Profile of magicone
My tank of a prop (run-wolf-run) took another header off my Lefler a few weeks ago and I finally broke one of the feet.

I emailed Chance and he sent me off two new feet and I had the opportunity to open the back cover of my R-W-R to put the new feet on. This thing is so well built it's no wonder I never have an issue with it.

I can see this will be in my shows for many, many years to come. Smile

Thank you Chance!
coma185
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of coma185
I have Pea Shot and absolutely love it! I perform it in every show I do, I even performed it for at my local magic club and everyone kept telling me what a cool trick it was and everyone wanted to get one until I told them the price tag, LOL but I defiently feel it is worth the price, it is very visual and built to last as everyone else on here has already said.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Coma,

If they thought the Pea Shoot was too expensive, I'm guessing it's a bunch of "ordinary deck carrying" guys in the club, right? The kind who never spend more than $10 on a prop or effect to show their family, right? Print out the ad for the Wolf's Magic "Outhouse" and bring it to the next meeting. See what they say then. Hee hee...HEY, if they like it, maybe I'd consider selling mine!

Steve
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I am the first to acknowledge that my props are not cheap.
I just never been a fan of tricks made from cheap masonite, shotty craftsmanship, cheap hardware and bad paint jobs. For some, it works. For me, I want something I know will last and work when the heat is on.
In my case, you get what you pay for...plus it is ALL made in the USA!!!

Hey folks, I really appreciate the support and kind words. It makes the day go better when your about ready to throw in the towel.
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
coma185
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of coma185
Steve,

No they definetly do more than just cards, the ones that wanted to instantly buy it were just surpised what I paid for it and may be out of their price range until those times where you plurge on a trick. But,one part I left out and should have said was after they got over the shock many did say that it was worth it and it pays to always buy quality and one of the guys said if I ever see one for sale let him know, he is interested in getting one as well.

And Chance great work! I look at your prices and remind myself that this will be something I will have and will look great for the rest of my performing career, unlike many of the props I have.

Coma
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Chance's stuff is golden !
Pro gear that will last .
I am a proud owner of his Coin Ladder and the Flea !
I use the Flea a lot !
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
Chance, you can't throw in the towel. Maybe you should take on some apprentices so that we can have some more quality builders learning their craft.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Colin,
I appreciate the positive support from you and the rest.

Brace yourself for some big news.
I may be taking a career offer that I cannot refuse. This will put the breaks on the Wacky Wolf line of magic. However, I will continue to build high end limited edition collectibles releasing a new effect maybe two times a year.
Shelley and I are qualified to make much more money than we do building magic. I chose to take a break from my Commercial Art career due to my love for magic. Shelley put her career on hold for her own reasons.
We have spent almost 10 Years building magic and it appears that folks truly appreciate our efforts to create Quality Magic and good customer service. However, I am an Artist first. Magic Builder second. The Artist in me is always starving for a new challenge, a change of mediums. I am typically good for about one decade before I switch fields. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Creating and Building magic, it seems as if the Creative Clock is about to strike and I may have to move on to the next chapter.

This offer is not a "done deal" as there are negotiations still at hand. So it may or may not happen. Not sure yet.

Shelley and I so appreciate your support for you are the reason why we have been able to "keep the wheels turning" for nearly a decade.
I will be sure to keep you guys posted.
Thanks
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Chance,
I do not own any of your products However I will be sad to see you go, You are what children's performers needed. You took props that were outdated and gave them a much needed face lift. In the end you have to take care of Number One. Good Luck in your journey.
Bob
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
I wish you all the best in whatever field you choise to work next. You make sure we know when you get back to making magic again.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Hoping that whatever Chance does in the future is very successful. He deserves it. I was an online "friend" of his for a year or so prior to Wolf's Magic becoming a reality. Whatever he puts his mind to will happen. I'll miss the new products from Wolf's Magic, though.

Steve
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of dking66
Best to you in everything you do. You have been... and will continue to be a true asset to the field of magic... for you have set the bar on creating new, creative, up-to-date, and well-manufactured magic products. If you have an offer you can't refuse... go for it, my friend! Our loss will be someone else's gain. Whatever you decide to do... you have many friends and folks who will continue to perform Wacky Wolf magic!
Doug
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
I'm Pouting!!!!
(lips curled and eyes watery)

Of course we want nothing but the best for your Chance but this is a big blow for me.
Nothing - NOTHING compares to a Wolf Prop!

Brad
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolf's Magic (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL