The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Antique shopping in OR... C&B find (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
So I spent the past week exploring Oregon on a much needed vacation. On the last day we went to the small town of Troutdale to just relax and recoup. While walking downtown my wife suggested we go into a small antique store. On the shelf what did I find? Yep! A great souvenir.

Thought I would share
-Lee

outofsleight.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's actually somewhat unusual. I have never seen a set of Adams cups before that weren't red, blue and yellow.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
My thoughts exactly... they are yellow, blue, and green and have the original yellow pom pom balls. Instructions included. At $22 I probably WAY over spent, but honestly the experience of finding a set at a random antique mall in the woods was worth it just for memories sake.
-Lee
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I love finds like this. I once found a plaid Tarbell Egg Bag complete with wooden egg at a fleat market. It was marked at $10, I talked him down to $8. The funniest part came when I attended Jeff Hobson's egg bag workshop and brought it for show and tell.
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Lee,

What a great find!

If I recall correctly, you have found other magic-related items in antique shops before this one.

Congrats!

Best,

Doug
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Very neat. I would have bought it too. A lot of us probably had that as our first set back some years ago. I paid a dollar for mine at Garrison's Novelty Shop in Wash., D.C.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
370 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I've never seen that color combination either. I have four sets of Adams cups now in different colored boxes: blue, white, pink and green. If I ever find a set in another colored box I'll buy it as well.

A very nice and unusual set! Thanks for sharing.
Magic is where you find it.....
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
I have yet to add a set of Adams cups to my collection. Just never got around to it. Great find.

If I recall long ago someone found a set of copper RNT cups at a market in Hawaii?
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have several different sets of these in different colors of boxes. I learned from David Haversat that these boxes that they used for the boxed items were plain cardboard boxes which they covered with gift wrapping paper. I don't know whether they silk screened or printed the wrapping before or after they applied it to the boxes. But all this was done at the Adams factory.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Antique shopping in OR... C&B find (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL