The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Smart A** decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

newbstermagi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of newbstermagi
Hello!
I am seriously considering buying Mr. Abbott's Smart-A** effect, but I can't afford to keep replenishing the decks after each show,but at the same time love the concept, so I was wondering if anyone performs this trick in a way that doesn't toss the decks to the back of the stage. Or, since I haven't bought it yet for this reason, can just inform as to whether or not it is important to the workings of the deck to be throwing it, without, of course, giving away the secret. Thanks for the help
Matt B.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Together with Trevor Lewis I came up with a complete different approach where you ditch cards until the very end, leaving you with a single card.

When you show the deck at the beginning, you will show a full deck of 52 cards plus jokers. We use a net or a bag and throw the cards inside there. Why should I

- ruin the stage
- and the cards

if someone else will perform afterwards.

Our approach needs a special deck (as with Bill´s version), but it is completely different. The preparation is long lasting as no stickyness or roughness is involved. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.

Christian
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I've seen it and think it is indeed a better solution!! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
s3rg3
View Profile
New user
Belgium
72 Posts

Profile of s3rg3
There is indeed no need to throw them.
But you can if you want to...

Rgds
Serge
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
There is some misinformation in this thread.

First of all you don't need to replace the deck after every show. I have several back-up decks, but have never used them. Still using the same deck I bought two years ago.

On the Smart-Ass instructional DVD, Bill covers several options of not having the cards thrown on the stage, but rather in a container. Didn't you guys watch the DVD?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Smart A** decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL