The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big brutha....the show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I admit it, I like Big Brother....I'll watch it religiously until the hot girls are off it then I quit. I noticed on the cable version I ran into the other day that the guy who makes announcements will say "Stop singing". It hit me that the reason was they would have to pay if they showed a person singing a song and that was the reason (that is my guess).

My question is this. If they do use a song what is the charge they have to pay?
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Completely depends on the song; different people demand different terms and fees for royalties.

That's why you almost never hear anyone on TV sing "Happy Birthday to You". The company that (theoretically) "owns" it charges outrageous royalties. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Birthday_to_You
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
In this case I believe that since they showed a character listening to his CD that it would be a modern song off a current recording. I believe it would be, and forgive the spelling, the lovely Beyonce.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Big brutha....the show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL