The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Reading Lessons by Kenton Knepper (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
After Kenton have set up his own site http://www.wonderwizards.com/index.php
All his product has been on this site rather than other place.
Mind Reading Lessons seems to be a new project by him after Wonder Word and Wonder reading, does anyone heard about this or even finished some of the chapter?
Kenton is really a good teacher in Wonder word, I believe this is even better material.

There was nearly NO discussion on this topic, can anyone some of their feeling on Mind Reading Lessons by Kenton Knepper?
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3200 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
HI Joe
the Mr Lessons are FULL of great material from all the affiliate to the S.E.C.R.E.T. School (including me..lol..)
From the Mr Lesson n. 1 until the last one the n.12 you will find tons of routines and concept "out of the box thinking.." Kenton style!PLUS incredible routines from Kenton himself!
Hope this help!
;)
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2010-08-28 01:48, joemcdull wrote:
After Kenton have set up his own site http://www.wonderwizards.com/index.php
All his product has been on this site rather than other place.
Mind Reading Lessons seems to be a new project by him after Wonder Word and Wonder reading, does anyone heard about this or even finished some of the chapter?
Kenton is really a good teacher in Wonder word, I believe this is even better material.

There was nearly NO discussion on this topic, can anyone some of their feeling on Mind Reading Lessons by Kenton Knepper?

The work of Kenton ( in my humilde opinion) is incredible underlook.

The Mind reading lessons ( at this moment ) had 12 issues , with incredible ideas and insights to our art.

As Luca told you, a lot of performers from around the worlds ( S.E.C.R.E.T. School afiliates) gave different ideas for the lessons.

I contribute with a few ones from my books and a new routine called "Envelope Pendulum" that appears in the last lesson.

if you can get the lessons... DO IT . isn't a great price because you will get a LOT.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
What do you think is a better first purchase: Wonder Words or the Mind Reading Lessons?

Is there a benefit to doing one first? Is one better? Any info would be great. Thanks.
- Ryan
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, conrad3000 wrote:
What do you think is a better first purchase: Wonder Words or the Mind Reading Lessons?

Is there a benefit to doing one first? Is one better? Any info would be great. Thanks.

I have both and I would say the lessons. They have some great ideas that will help you become a better mentalist.

Ray
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I always hear mixed reviews on Kenton's products. The mind reading lessons, I hear, are his best.

Are the lessons mostly for readers or mentalists?
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
638 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Wonder Words were a hit too.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
I always hear mixed reviews on Kenton's products. The mind reading lessons, I hear, are his best.

Are the lessons mostly for readers or mentalists?

Any controversial and different approach is hardly comfortable for the mainstream. In any practice.

Because I consider Kenton my mentor, when he talks, I hear. Even if the "material doesn't suit me". That approach allows me to receive every rich detail that I can use for my own work in the present on my future as performer.

The lessons are aimed to any mystery performer that wants to expand their knowledge regarding Kenton´s work . Mentalists, magicians, readers, hypnotists, bizarrists, etc.
They are filled with excellent work that you can use in your Mentalism repertoire Maddy, I recommend you highly to get that lessons, or at least a few of them.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have found Kenton's products to be a mixed bag, and I have been disappointed by some, including Kentonism and Completely Cold. And that is not because the material didn't suit me. It is because the material is not as strong as the reviews.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:
I have found Kenton's products to be a mixed bag, and I have been disappointed by some, including Kentonism and Completely Cold. And that is not because the material didn't suit me. It is because the material is not as strong as the reviews.

I have seen your performance Tony and I know that you are a strong figure on stage, but I can tell you that I use the Completely Cold system and for me works fluidly.
I think that one important factor in Kenton´s work is the (for the use of a better term that "suits me") personal delivery in which the method is used.

That said, surely I don't use everything as is came in the package, but even in those works that are considered as weak for some performers, we can see the professional care that he has.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
If you are new to performance and mentalism, Mind Reading Lessons is a good introduction to Kenton and his approach. If you are a more experienced performer and are looking for linguistic and presentational ways to improve your mystery performances, Wonder Words makes more sense.
John
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
Thank you Jstreiff. Incidentally, Kentons website is running a 50% off deal on the Mind Reading Lessons right now if anybody needs them.
- Ryan
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Love him or not (and I'm more "not" than "love"), there is no doubt Kenton has been a major influence on the UK new wave of the last decade or so. I remember one or two lightbulb moments listening to Wonder Words when it was first released, and although the material may have been somewhat superseded since, I'm sure there is still a lot of useful wisdom there. At 50% off, I may have to check out his Mind Reading Lessons.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Pablo, I have seen value in some of Kenton's products (such as Wonder Words), and I am delighted that Completely Cold works for you. I know it also works for others. It doesn't work for me, and it is too basic a system for me, I feel. But mine is only one opinion, and it is good to have other opinions.

Kentonism is where I have the big problem. Other approaches to non-hypnosis hypnosis (which is essentially what it is) hold out some prospect of being practical (TIA, Acts of Imagination). I have not come across anyone who says they do Kentonism as a stand-alone piece. That one I feel is over-sold, and is the one that puts me off.
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
638 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Kenton reminds me of Rick Maue,
Lots of depth but on a different wavelength of mine...
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Psy
This will be my next purchase. Im now studying Geniune Amazement, which I think its AWESOME!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Reading Lessons by Kenton Knepper (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL