The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How to make them look normal? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I did a search and found some really good tips on how to Age coins. I not looking to age my coins perse. Im trying to make my Kennedy Flipper look like my normal shell set. MY flipper is a bit too shiny compared to the others... If needs to be locked, moved or added to another section please do. PM if you need too...
Johnny Butterfield
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Johnny Butterfield
You could shine your other coins to match the flipper...
The current economic crisis is due to all the coins I've vanished.
The poster formerly known as Fman111.
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
May I suggest you to bring ALL your coins to a jeweller and ask him to clean everything alike. With his tools a good jeweller might make you a super job!
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
876 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Tooth paste and a soft brush. Should take the shine down. worked for me when I bought a johnson liberty shell , that thing was super shinny and didn't match at all, after I used some white tooth paste on it they matched fine.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Same here with my Johnson shells. A little bleach in water (~5% solution), leave for 5 to 15 minutes depending on how dark you want it, then dry and use 1 in 7 fingernail file, sides 4,5, then 7.

They all match well now.

Jim
trevelyan
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of trevelyan
I found Salt and Vinegar seem to work on me sets in the past. Or you can use an eraser from a pencil.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
First question is "Are these silver halves or clad halves?" Some methods like bleach don't work on clad coins.

Bleach and vinegar may not be good choices with the flipper. They will likely hurt or destroy the ru**er b**d.
I'm not sure what to suggest, but I like the idea of bringing the other coin set up to the same luster as the flipper. Then they can all wear together.

Maybe the eraser idea is worth trying first. Don't see that it could hurt. Also, twocan does a lot of work with coins, and his toothpaste idea might be worth a try.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How to make them look normal? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL